Struggle with getting a good night’s sleep? You might have been recommended by a friend or family member that you should try out a weighted blanket. But what exactly are they, and how do they work wonders at bedtime?
Find out here about the biggest benefits of weighted blankets and TechRound’s choice for the best one on the market!
The Key Benefits of Weighted Blankets:
Help with Insomnia
Reduce Anxiety Levels
Help You Reach REM Sleep Faster
Reduce Stress Levels
Help Children with Autism
Alleviate Restless Leg Syndrome
How Do Weighted Blankets Work?
The advantages related to weighted blankets are all to do with the way in which it is designed.
Weighted blankets evenly distribute pressure (known as deep pressure stimulation) that triggers a response in the body that feels like the equivalent of a hug. It is this soothing feeling (the proprioceptive input) that can help people with disrupted sleep.
Do Weighted Blankets Help with Insomnia?
A weighted blanket could potentially help with a range of destructive sleeping patterns that are often associated with insomnia.
Thanks to the proprioceptive input response that the weighted blankets stimulate, this is known to lead to better sleep (and increase the overall amount of it) meaning that troublesome sleep problems caused by conditions like insomnia are tackled head-on, without the need of medical intervention.
How Do Weighted Blankets Help Reduce Anxiety Levels?
Disordered sleep patterns can be attributed to feelings of anxiety (we’ve all heard of the term being kept all night with worry, right?). Weighted blankets can help to reduce this through the deep pressure stimulation it helps trigger, which in turn encourages the production of serotonin (often considered as being the happiness hormone) in the body.
In the evening hours, serotonin works its magic and converts to melatonin through metabolic changes. Melatonin is the body’s sleep hormone, therefore, the weighted blanket helps to regulate our sleep cycles for consistently better sleep over time.
TechRound’s Choice for Best Weighted Blanket – Calming Blankets
Explore Calming Blanket’s whole range and find the perfect one for you here!
- Helping with not only sleep, but also anxiety.
- The softest, soothing blankets on the market!
- Calming Blankets express shipping is completely FREE to the UK.
- Calming Blankets offer weighted blankets for children above the age of 3 as well as adults!
- Order today to claim their discounts they are offering by clicking here!
With Calming Blankets, they guarantee there are 12 inner ties to ensure even weight distribution and craft the blanked from premium fabrics making it one of the softest, soothing blankets on the market. Calming blankets are reinventing how we sleep by creating a weighted blanket that is worth your money and offering you an amazing product. With that in mind, Calming Blankets settled on three most important factors that needed to be met to offer the best weighted blanket on the market – the softness of the fabric, sufficient weight, and great weight distribution.
- Even Weight Distribution – The main reason why a lot of people don’t experience the benefit of weighted blankets is the uneven weight distribution. Several factors play a part here, but the most important one is not having enough inner ties. Without them, the blanket bunches up and is heavier in places. Calming Blanket created a weighted blanket with non-toxic glass microbeads, and added 6 ties to the inner blanket that ensures it stays as aligned as possible with the outer cover. Once you cover up, the blanket falls perfectly into place and you’re ready for a good night’s sleep.
- Soft Fabric – A lot of manufacturers do not spend enough time thinking about the fabric for the outer cover of the blanket. The result is usually heavy, but uncomfortable weight pressing down on you. The Calming Blanket they created uses ultra soft minky fabric – the one that’s usually used in blankets for babies. It’s super soft, very cuddly, and doesn’t take much maintenance – you can even machine wash it!
- Sufficient Weight – Weighted blankets are designed to be 8-12% of your body weight. Some prefer their blankets on the heavier side, while some enjoy lighter pressure. With the Calming Blanket, you have several options (2.2kg 4.5kg, 6.8kg and 9kg) so you can easily order a weighted blanket that best suits your needs!
You Reach REM Sleep Faster
Weighted blankets are a fantastic option for people not only struggling with a sleep disorder . The main reason for this, is that it can help you reach REM sleep faster.
REM is the deepest kind of sleep we can have. Feeling fully rested once you wake up in the morning has a number of key benefits, including increased productivity and better overall mental health.
Weighted Blankets Reduce Stress Levels
A number of studies on the efficacy of weighted blankets indicated that those using one had lower levels of cortisol in the body. Cortisol, if you didn’t know already, is the body’s stress hormone. Stress is known to have a huge impact on our health mentally and even physically, having a harmful effect on our digestion and blood sugar but also our immune systems, making us more prone to catching illnesses.
Reducing our stress levels also helps to improve our overall mood too, making day-to-day life easier to deal with.
Weighted Blankets Help Children with Autism
Studies have also shown that weighted blankets can help children with autism, providing comfort and a soothing sensation that can help with calming down restless children and helping them sleep.
Weighted Blankets Can Alleviate Restless Leg Syndrome
For those who suffer from the pain and irritating nature of restless leg syndrome (which can often be at its worst at nighttime) then weighted blankets provide welcome relief. This is because the comforting blankets provide a relaxing pressure on your body, without completely restricting the legs, which for those who suffer from this syndrome, it is a sensation that can be highly uncomfortable and even painful.