Housemates, the instant book student accommodation marketplace, has opened an India office
based in Bengaluru in preparation for the 23/24 booking season. Over the last eight months, the platform has experienced a surge in Indian students choosing to use the service over traditional lead generation services. The business has grown from strength to strength with the adoption of its product and business model is now gearing up for expansion.
“We understand India’s important role in global student mobility. Over the last 12 months, the
number of Indian students studying in the UK and Australia has doubled. A physical presence in
India allows us to further develop and invest in affiliate partnerships. We see India as a key
milestone in our journey to going global.” Lydia, CEO of Housemates.
More from Business
- Gravity Co. A Destination for Tech Professionals and Entrepreneurs
- Your Rights After An Injury At Work
- The Truth About Liquidation For Directors
- Creative Commission – A Business Profile
- Concept Ventures Launches Oversubscribed £50m Largest Dedicated Pre-Seed Fund in the UK
- What Happens To Ukrainian Businesses During War?
- Technology For Safer Workplaces
- Averting Responding to Occupational Accidents
The tech company has also recruited sector specialists leading the India launch, including a
new country manager.
“Recruiting the best sector knowledgeable talent is crucial to delivering our plans and vision. We
want to move fast and are now positioning ourselves with both UK and India customer support
and business development teams.” Lydia, CEO of Housemates
Around 108,000 student visas for Indian natives were provided in March 2022, almost double
the number (93%) compared to 2021, states the British High Commission in India.