Enter The TechRound Top BAME 50 Under 50 Entrepreneurs
Entry Deadline: Wednesday 9th November
Winners To Be Announced: Tuesday 15th November
We are delighted to announce the launch of our Top BAME 50 Under 50 Entrepreneurs of 2022.
TechRound is one the largest and fastest-growing startup and tech news sites in the UK.
Founded in 2016, TechRound is where decision makers, investors and startups of all sizes and nature come to find out the latest developments and trends within the industry.
Our BAME Top 50 List is one of the highlights of the year and last year’s list was featured across local, regional and national press, including Forbes, Wikipedia, Business Insider, Exeter University, University Arts London, Lincoln News, Harrow Times and Preston News amongst others.
Are you new to the market? Are you changing the way people do things? Are you an entrepreneur or group of people? We want to hear from you.
- Get in front of one of the sector’s most engaged audiences with more than 200,000 monthly readers
- Top 50 finalists receive placement and a full page write-up (see example)
- Additional coverage guaranteed in local, regional and national press
- Recognised by investors, VCs, mainstream journalists and industry leaders
- Highly commended also included for those who do not feature in the top 50
- Free to enter below
- Entrepreneurs are under the age of 50, born after 20th October 1972
- BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) – includes those who identify themselves as part of this demographic in the UK
- Company operates in the UK, Europe or US
- Revenue not a deciding factor
- One person entrepreneurs and teams of max. 3 from the same company
- New and established businesses welcome
- Industries including finance, insurance, sustainability, tech, fashion, food, property, life coaching, digital and many more are welcome
Words From Our Founders – What We Are Looking For
“Following on from the success of last year’s competition which included finalists such as KSI (sidemen.com), Runyararo Mapfumo (Masterpiece, Sex Education) and Jamaal Brathwaite (Jobseekrs) we are looking forward to this year’s entries.”
“Above all, we are so delighted to see how some of our finalists have grown significantly in the last year, using TechRound BAME Top 50 as a springboard and validation for further business growth including PR, funding, awards and brand visibility.”
“TechRound is not a traditional startups news site, we want to celebrate people from all backgrounds and businesses of all sizes and this list will be a testament to those individuals who are diversifying the UK’s startup landscape. You do not need to have funding or be a big name to feature in our list – we will consider absolutely everyone.”
TechRound Co-Founders, David Soffer and Daniel Tannenbaum
Meet The Judges
Alix Blankson – Creative Partner at Courier Media and Chief Marketing Officer Tayp.
- Alix Blankson is a Creative Partner at Courier Media and Chief Marketing Officer at the Africa-founded, upcoming social media app tayp.
- With experience working in three countries agency- and brand-side on global and local brands, her background is in creative advertising, digital campaigns and copywriting.
- She has also been a young person’s mentor over the last 6 years, partnering with MediaTrust in London, YWCA in Vancouver and Courier’s own intern programme.
- Alix is passionate about self-knowledge, self-exploration and conversations on new ideas that evolve society – heard frequently on her podcast, The Mobile Mentor.
Jhanvi Gudka – Head of Sustainability at FieldHouse Associates
- Jhanvi is currently Head of Sustainability at FieldHouse Associates – the first BAME senior team member in the company’s ten year history
- She has spent more than a decade delivering high-impact strategic communications campaigns for FT500 companies, tech startups and scale-ups and venture capital firms
- Jhanvi is a regular contributor to the media, mostly recently featuring in a BBC piece on the line between exception and expectation and how it impacts women and BAME people in particular
Prince Debrah – Global Business Partner at Nielsen
Born and raised in Accra, Ghana, Prince leads the global business partner team at Nielsen and is responsible for the setting and execution of the product vision across Nielsen’s measurement business. In his 7 years at Nielsen, Prince has led the launch of Nielsen businesses in Italy, Norway, Singapore, and The UAE and has consistently delivered business and product growth by building strong relationships with external industry bodies, clients, and internal stakeholders. He regularly attends industry events, representing the organization as a speaker and panelist.
Sithara R – Lead Journalist at Techround
Sithara is a new member of the TechRound team who has a passion for researching and discovering new businesses. She has experience in a wide range of industries from Dentistry to Marketing. She takes an interest in sustainable and eco-friendly businesses, and is particularly excited about those that repurpose discarded materials in innovative ways.
Important! Advice From The Judges
Entry fee: free
To enter: Complete form below
Entries open: Thursday 20th October 2022
Entry deadline: Wednesday 9th November 2022
Final Judging: Friday 11th November 2022
Winners announced: Tuesday 15th November 2022