It has never been more important to promote your business both on and offline. There are various ways in which, if done properly, you could see your business thrive, grow and surpass all expectations. Traditionally, there was little in the way of opportunity for advertising an promoting a business beyond the means of Billboard, TV and Radio advertising.
However, nowadays, promotion stretches further. This includes anything from Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategies online to bespoke, printed stationary from the likes of Helloprint.
Starting Out in Business
When starting out, your priorities with regards to promotion and advertising will be very different to a more established company. For example, you are more likely to pay closer attention to how you design a business card than you are to the company’s radio or TV advertising budget.
There are numerous avenues worth pursuing when the business is in its early stages, to work to get some income in the short to medium term including:
- Business Cards – You are likely to be meeting many people through the course of networking and going to industry events and meetings. Having attractive and effective business cards is key, to be able to hand to potential customers or even investors
- Your Website – A company’s website is its presence online. It is also the place that upon hearing the very name of your company, clients, audiences and everyone else are likely to go to. Make sure you have an effective website; if you are selling products, consider setting up an e-commerce website and if you offer services, consider how you want customers to get in touch with you online
- Social Media – Free and easy to use, social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and even Snapchat can all be ways to push your business in its earliest stages. Consider a comprehensive strategy for all social platforms and how you will go about implementing your plan for success
- Exhibit at Trade shows – Trade shows are one of the best ways to make dozens of connections with the biggest movers in your industry. Use a company like Fret Free Productions to help with your stand and make sure you follow up on all the new contacts in the following weeks.
Why Should I Focus on my Website?
Focusing on your website could be the key to your business’ overall success. Gone are the days of people looking up businesses in the likes of the Yellow Pages or Thompson Local phonebook. In modern times, it is all about your website and online presence, which includes:
- Your Website
- Mobile Website Performance
- Desktop Browsing
- User Experiences on your Website
The best ways in which to ensure your website is up to scratch and fit for purpose are those which have realistic potential to drive sales and leads. This means that you should be making sure your website is in front of the best audiences, depending on the nature of what you are marketing. For example, if you are selling women’s clothing, you will want to be targeting both women as well as those looking to buy gifts for women.
Online Options for Marketing your Business
If you are selling a service such as a payday loan, you will likely be casting your net quite wide and targeting a number of potential audiences with the aim of ‘hooking’ them to lead to leads and sales. Quick and popular ways to achieve this (with some investment) with your website are:
- Pay-per-Click (PPC)
- Display Marketing
- Paid Media
- Affiliate Marketing