Image credit: Unsplash
Coin listing sites like CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap will first require that the coin be listed on an exchange and even multiple ones at that. Other smaller coin listing sites follow the same general rule. But before listing your token or coin it is always good to get your exchange platform up and running with the website completed.
Coin listing sites will first review to see if the platform is a legitimate price source and they do this by looking at the work put into the platform. For most coin listing sites, a lot of proof of work (PoW) is required.
In no particular order, here are some sites that you can list your new cryptocurrency on:
- Digital Coin Price
- Crypto Rates Exchange
- The Crypto App
- Live Coin Watch
What to do after you’ve listed your coin
Here are a few things you can do after you’ve set up your platform and coin:
- Trade volume. If volume can’t be sufficiently sustained, try a market-making service.
- Check alternative sites. Go for alternative coin listing sites and exchanges. You can check Alternative Me to find a big list.
- The project should reach a certain age and maturity. Coin listing websites do look into the historical data online for your platform and coin. This may include social media, the platform’s homepage, and pretty much any other readily available online content.
- Keeping activity high. This could be done through social media platforms but can also be done through regular blog posts, progress reports, partnership announcements, and even videos.
- On-chain transactions on the blockchain. Particularly for DEX, this kind of data can help the coin listing websites evaluate the size and quality of a project, coin, and/or token.
More from Cryptocurrency
- Meet Bruno Macchialli, CEO at Delchain – Interconnectedness Between Crypto and Financial Markets
- 1,100 Coinbase Employees Lose Their Jobs as Bitcoin Prices Continue to Fall
- Cryptocurrency Laws And Regulations In Australia
- Bitcoin vs Cash: Why It’s Time To Stop Arguing And Start Investing (Smartly)
- Bitcoin Continues to Drop: Market Expert Predicts What’s Next
- What Are Some Of The Biggest Blockchain Ecosystems?
- Bitcoin Price Dip Predicted To Be Used As Buying Opportunity For Investors Amid Tech Milestone
- Which African and Latin American Countries Will Be Next To Adopt Bitcoin As Legal Tender?
What to do if a coin listing site rejects your coin
So you’ve hit a wall. It’s okay! There are plenty of things you can do. First, it is important that you are aware that dealing with coin listing sites like CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko that reattempting to list should only be done when large chunks of progress have been made in your project.
Coin listing websites do keep a history of communications and tend to be very selective and don’t react to rushed and persistent requests, instead come back with strong evidence of your project and coin’s progress with clear links and easy-to-review data.
- Does the coin have an order book market yet? If not, HollaEx is a great place to start.
- Some coin listing sites require that you get in touch with them and even have a personal call. If you have this opportunity it is best to have all your materials ready to share with links and evidence of work or in other words proof-of-work.
- Providing API links from your own platforms with the necessary docs.
- Have an easy-to-access market list that shows your platform’s coins and markets without having to log in. The market list could be located on your homepage or someone easily located.
- Team up and create partnerships to list your token on other platforms.
- List on decentralized exchanges (DEXs) like Uniswap and Pancake Swap in parallel with centralized exchanges (CEXs).
Consistently working on your platform and your coin’s price, liquidity, and presence in multiple markets is the best strategy.
The work is never done when it comes to listing. Now that you have your own platform and coin, it is time to partner up.
In summary, running your own exchange platform, focusing on your own coins/tokens, and making your own markets will naturally create reliable volume and prices, which in turn will lead to fruitful, long-term partnerships.