SevenSix Agency is an inclusive marketing agency based in London. We work across influencer and social media marketing and help both brands and influencers navigate the space, providing consultancy services and teaching them how to create purpose-led campaigns that generate a positive impact.
To date, we’ve worked with over 200 brands including Pinterest, Greenpeace and Bumble. Last year, we paired over 100 influencers with campaigns and have helped some go from charging a £250 flat fee for a campaign to now earning a minimum of £10k p/month with 2-3 campaigns.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
The agency was born out of frustration over the lack of diversity I experienced over 10 years within the advertising and influencer space. Before SevenSix, I held a number of marketing roles, including managing the Hello Kitty brand for Sanrio and working at WAH Nails. I didn’t have any experience agency-side but wanted to create a business that supported underrepresented influencers who were often overlooked.
I had the idea in 2018 and by early 2019, we had launched. In 2021, we published an influencer pricing report which lifted the lid on the influencer pay gap and the role race plays in this. We found 37% of respondents believed that their ethnicity negatively impacts the amount they earn, meaning that we still have a long way to go!
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Dr Nirusa Kumaran, Founder and Medical Director at Elemental Health Clinic
- A Chat with Aaron Solomon, CEO and Co-Founder at Last Minute Reservations App: Ambl
- Meet Louis Coulon and Marko Vujasinovic, CEO and Co-Founder at HR Tech Company: CleverConnect
- Meet Jason Knights, Managing Director at External Maintenance Business: Ground Control
- Meet Dr Leslie Kanthan, Co-Founder and CEO at TurinTech: The Leader In Code Optimisation
- Meet Lalit Mangal, CEO at Hybrid Event Platform: Airmeet
- A Chat with Edward Goodchild, CEO and Co-Founder at Secure Identity Platform: Arbor Steel
- A Chat with Heidi Normanton, Founder at Low-Carb Keto Wholesaler: We Are Heylo
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
The message remains the same, however we have really grown over the last 2 years. With everyone working remotely, the pandemic increased the need for digital focused agencies and we saw influencer marketing grow exponentially. That paired with the resurgence of the BLM movement in the summer of 2020 saw our client base grow overnight.
What can we hope to see from SevenSix in the future?
Our focus is to support influencers and promote an inclusive and fair industry. We are just about to launch a hub for our Influencer Network that I believe will be a real game changer for the industry. The focus is around giving creators the tools they need to grow and succeed.
The SevenSix Influencer Network will be a subscription based hub with the goal of facilitating diverse and inclusive influencer campaigns. Subscribers can expect access to expert advice, monthly online workshops hosted by industry experts, networking and collaboration opportunities with other like-minded influencers and more for just £9.99 per month. This is the first of it’s kind to launch in the UK so we’re really excited to see how it goes.