Adsum is often the very first fintech that companies meet in their corporate life – as new companies are often in a tax reclaim position before they make revenues. We pioneer innovation for tax-based financing, and Adsum is the smart choice for fast-growing businesses.
Our technology identifies the value of the tax credit you’re owed – maximising the amount you can claim, and delivering it to your bank account within 24 hours.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
It was my co-founder who had this idea first! We met whilst studying and discussed the opportunities that open banking created. The UK is at the forefront of innovation and we figured that with making tax digital we can automate taxes and advance funds upfront – a no brainer for any company.
Ultimately, Adsum was created to make running a successful company easier, and to give companies and the CEO/CFO’s who run it a competitive edge by giving them extra funds which can be invested in growth.
More from Interviews
- Monica Eaton, Founder and CEO of Chargebacks911 and Women In Tech Judge, Explains What She’s Looking for From Entrants
- Meet Owen Thompson, CEO of Cambridge Future Tech
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Index Ventures
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Downing Capital Group
- Meet Sheryl Cuisia, CEO and Co-Founder, The Engagement Appeal
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Sure Valley Ventures
- Meet Lenitha Bishop, Chief Operating Officer At The DPO Centre.
- Interview With Olly Craughan, Head of Sustainability at DPD
How has the company evolved over the last couple of years?
We’ve outgrown our offices twice! Adsum was founded just as the COVID pandemic was starting, so co-founders Justina Tartilaite (CEO), Benjamin Rodgers (CTO) and Freddie Digby (CCO) ended up working in Justina’s basement and pinning up pictures of Jeff Bezos (who notoriously started Amazon from an unheated garage) in order to keep their spirits high.
What can we hope to see from Adsum in the future?
You’ll see us cementing our position as a category-defining fintech in tax-based financing. We want to make the user-journey even better and offer more products.