OH MY GUM! is chic plant-based, plastic-free and biodegradable chewing gum currently available in two all natural flavours – mint and cinnamon. Unlike traditional chewing gum that is made with the same plastic used to make tyres and glue, OH MY GUM! is made with natural tree sap called chicle, which is what chewing gum is originally made of.
OH MY GUM! is also sugar-free, vegan-friendly and GMO-free. Our packaging is recyclable, spill-proof and inspired by the world of make-up.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
I was waiting in a long queue at the supermarket one day and it struck me that there were no natural alternatives to chewing gum and that the branding and packaging was also very outdated. I started researching what chewing gum was made of and I could not believe that it was actually made of plastic.
I started researching plant-based and sustainable alternatives and got really excited by the idea of making not only plant-based plastic-free chewing gum but also making it cool and fun and creating a brand with personality and style. I could not stop thinking about it so I took the plunge and decided to start OH MY GUM!
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Andrey Suzdaltsev, CEO & Co-Founder at Brightside AI
- A Chat with David O’Hearns, Founder and MD at Creative Agency: Dawn
- Meet Rachel Hartley, Co-Founder of Nutracheck
- Meet Matteo Penzo, CEO and Co-founder of Social E-Learning Platform: zick learn
- Meet Jordan Bucknell, CEO of eCommerce Agency: Upbeat Marketing
- Meet Natasha Morrison, Chief Operating Officer at WeFlex
- Meet Dan Awais-Dean CEO of Property Platform: EverKnock
- Meet Emma Davey, Founder of MyNARA.
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
Our e-store experienced significant growth as customers were buying more online and were also more conscious of what they were consuming and were seeking natural alternatives. We also started connecting more with our audience on Instagram which made our community even stronger.
What can we hope to see from OH MY GUM! in the future?
More amazing natural flavours, exciting collaborations with lifestyle and fashion brands, a range of functional chewing gum and potentially going into refreshing some other areas in confectionery