94% of films are independent, but only 3.4% are profitable. Paus is the Netflix of independent films by launching new independent films daily into the $161bn global streaming market. Fans can reward creators directly through micropayments, events & NFTs.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
Whilst I was working at Sony, I would see all the incredible scripts and pitches that were getting rejected. These would often end up as shorts and independent films.
We wanted to create a platform where these could be acknowledged for their brilliance, and where fans could tip the artist directly to show their appreciation. I want to revolutionize the way we pay for entertainment, so it’s fairer for the artist and more diverse for the audience.
More from Interviews
- Meet Kady Srinivasan, Chief Marketing Officer at ePOS and Payment Platform: Lightspeed
- Meet Alexander Ray, CEO of CaaS Solution: Albus Protocol
- Meet Arif Miah and Ala Uddin, Founders of Tech Startup: Beasy
- Meet Igor Bogachev, Chief Visionary Officier & Co-founder of AI-Powered SaaS: CloEE
- Meet Christian Møller-Holst, CEO and Founder of Travel Management System: Goodwings
- Meet Prashant Mahajan, CEO and Founder of Product Discovery & Strategy Software: Zeda.io
- Meet Tobi Buxhoidt, CEO of Post-Purchase Software Provider: parcelLab
- Sarah Woodhouse, Director at AMBITIOUS PR and TR100 Judge, Explains What She’s Looking for From Entrants
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
Obviously, during the pandemic we sadly lost access to cinema screenings. Paus became a place where filmmakers could premiere their work to audiences all over the world.
It meant that artists could share their work with their friends, family, fans and members of the Paus community and continue to fund their art at such an incredibly tough time.
What can we hope to see from Paus in the future?
We are always looking for new ways to support filmmakers and help them monetise their work. We have recently expanded into the NFT space, and have been selling NFTs alongside our screenings all on the same page – the world’s first company to do this.
But it doesn’t stop at filmmakers, our vision is to help artists of all kinds. Whether it be musicians, designers, dancers or any type of creator — Paus will be a place where you can upload your work and receive tips from people who love what you do.