Founded in the UK in 1999, Nextbase has over two decades of experience in manufacturing in-car devices, with a sole focus on driver safety, and is the largest Dash Cam brand in the world – holding an 80% market share in the UK by volume, as well as significant market shares in the USA and Europe.
In the past four years, sales of Dash Cams have increased by 850%, making this one of the fastest-growing consumer tech sectors in the world.
What made you want to join the company?
Over recent years, Nextbase has established itself as the market-leader in car connected technology and has quickly become the expert in the Dash Cam sector through the development of technologically advanced products with real-world consumer benefits.
It is incredibly rewarding and energising to be joining a company that is pioneering this innovation whilst being part of a talented and motivated team. The future for Nextbase looks very strong as we aim to implement our ambitious product roadmap and I am excited to support our teams to deliver effective results.
More from Interviews
- Daniella Peri, CEO at Yoppie: The Personalisation Of Menstrual Health & The Importance Of Full-Cycle Care
- A Chat with Rui Sales, Co-Founder and President at Fleet Maintenance Platform: Stratio
- A Chat with Maria Lozovik, Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager at Marsham Investment Management
- Meet Natalia Shahmetova, CMO at Gismart PetTech Company: Woofz
- A Chat with Sean Nolan, CEO & Co-Founder of Enterprise App for Frontline Workers: Blink
- Meet Andrew Fleury, CEO & Co-Founder at Computer Vision & AI Micromobility Startup: Luna
- A Chat with Caroline Chalmer, CEO and Founder at Global Fine Jewellery Platform: Finematter
- Meet DJ Qian, CEO & Founder at DeFi Utility App: Chainge Finance
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
There is no doubt that the pandemic has had an impact on all tech companies both across the UK and globally. Thankfully, we have managed to minimise most of the impact thanks to a broad regional spread of our businesses. As we have expanded our business to include the US, mainland Europe and Australia, the impact of the pandemic has played out differently by region.
The most notable impact of the pandemic has been on our supply chain. The shortage of components in China has impacted many tech companies, ourselves included, and our teams have done an amazing job in sourcing new components, and in some cases, re-designing products to take account of this. As we have UK Engineering and Software teams based in Wales, we are able to react very quickly to manage and component changes.
What can we hope to see from Nextbase in the future?
We are an ambitious company and are fully focused on the Dash Cam market. As such, we can ensure our Engineering and Software development teams are aligned in developing market-leading products with real consumer benefits.
There is a huge move from automotive manufacturers to improve car safety and driver awareness, and Nextbase is developing innovative products that offer unique consumer benefits to support this direction. We are always breaking new ground with our technical innovations – something that will be seen at CES this coming January. Watch this space!