Appspace is the workplace experience platform that combines a modern intranet, space reservation, digital signage, and more.
Now you can replace siloed products that are costly to integrate and maintain with a single, easy-to-use platform that’s creating a more connected workplace for over 10 million on-site, remote, and frontline employees.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
Appspace is the first to include all the solutions you need for workplace communications and workplace management – all in a single platform.
These days, companies are investing more into the workplace to support their employees. Appspace creates a one-stop-shop that keeps in-person and remote teams informed, connected, and productive.
More from Interviews
- Monica Eaton, Founder and CEO of Chargebacks911 and Women In Tech Judge, Explains What She’s Looking for From Entrants
- Meet Owen Thompson, CEO of Cambridge Future Tech
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Index Ventures
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Downing Capital Group
- Meet Sheryl Cuisia, CEO and Co-Founder, The Engagement Appeal
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Sure Valley Ventures
- Meet Lenitha Bishop, Chief Operating Officer At The DPO Centre.
- Interview With Olly Craughan, Head of Sustainability at DPD
How has the company evolved over the last couple of years?
Appspace was founded about 20 years ago, starting with a focus in digital signage to support corporate offices. Over time, Appspace added many features to support everything an employee needs – whether they are in the office, at home, or on the frontline. In 2021, Appspace acquired Beezy, which was a leader in modern intranet solutions.
By integrating those intranet features into the Appspace platform, Appspace provides everything a company needs to connect their people, places, and spaces.
What can we hope to see from Appspace in the future?
We will be doubling down on the innovation that is built into our platform.
First, we are planning exciting enhancements in workplace communications that enable the personalization of communications delivered by a mobile app, the creation and activation of email campaigns, and deployment of managed screensavers.
For workplace management, we are launching a robust reporting and analytics engine so that companies can monitor utilization and safety measures in the workplace. Continued enhancements with our visitor management solution and the release of a concierge feature will allow companies to simplify their workplace management.
Finally, we are extending our leadership as having the most technology integrations in our category so that Appspace can help companies make the most of their technology investments. Deep integrations with Webex, Logitech, Elo, Synaptics, and Google will allow companies to keep it simple as they scale.
Separate from our product, I’m proud to have seen the creation of several employee-led initiatives within the company. We have an active Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) employee group which aims to foster an environment inclusive of all. The group aims to identify and remove systemic barriers and challenges from race, creed, religion, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, immigration, veteran, or cultural status.
The DEI group has four focus areas:
- Business: This team evangelizes and ensures D&I is a core Appspace value that is reflected in organizational structure, operational decisions, supplier and partner relationships, and the employee experience.
- Education: This team fosters and champions development opportunities for under-represented groups within Appspace, as well as drives awareness about systemic and organizational challenges those groups face.
- Community: The Community team plans and executes events that enhance and empower under-represented communities.
- Events: Finally, this team leads and facilitates the celebration of cultural diversity and fosters continuous conversation through events, discussions, and observances.