Vesta London Beauty (VLB) was founded by me, Vesta Boateng. The brand came to life as I wanted to mix my passion for all thing’s beauty and cosmetics with Marketing. I always knew I wanted to become a self-made entrepreneur and create a legacy not only for me, but my daughter and future children as well.
After completing my degree at Uni, I decided there is no time like the present. With all the skills and knowledge I acquired I decided to take the leap of faith and start the planning process. Make-up was the only thing that was constant in my life, it filled me with so much joy and what I loved most about it is how it could make you look and feel all whilst enhancing your natural beauty.
It became very apparent that cosmetics for deeper complexions and women of colour were extremely limited, a majority of beauty brands did not know how to cater to deeper skin tones and it became our mission to fill that gap with luxurious products at affordable prices, all while keeping our target audience in mind.
When the global pandemic hit, there really was no excuse for me not to go after my dreams!
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
VLB was launched during the pandemic on May 25th, 2020 which also happens to be my birthday. It’s been an extremely humbling experience so far, we were able to launch several product lines and sell out, increase our social media following, hold competitions with major publications and more!
We tried to remain consistent by showing our brand in the most creative way possible. We teamed up with many of our amazing customers and the amazing community of vloggers and bloggers to create beautiful content. VLB has evolved during the pandemic as we have proved ourselves to showcase diversity which is one of the biggest aims for our brand. We stayed on top as we kept on feeding our consumers what they want.
More from Interviews
- Meet Ethan Martin, The 23yr Entrepreneur Who Went From University To CEO At The UK’s Leading Order To Table App
- Meet Andrew Botham, Co-Founder at Home Healthcare Testing Solution: TestCard
- Meet Chanel Leadeham, Founder at Natural Home Fragrance Brand: Scented Hive
- Meet Olly Thornton-Berry, MD at ID Checker App: Thirdfort
- TFP Fertility Group Launches Dia: The First UK Women’s Health App to Directly Connect Women With Fertility Specialists
- A Chat with Charlotte Dean, Founder at HR Service Provider: P3 People Management
- Want To Hire For Diversity? Here’s How
- Meet Maja Schaefer, CEO and Co-Founder at Ecommerce Chatbot: Zowie
What does the future hold for Vesta London Beauty?
You can expect to see more product releases from VLB, we have major plans, aspirations, and goals! It’s going to be a surreal journey so it’s best you hold on tight! We already have a new product which we are currently formulating with our amazing lab.
We can’t wait for this to be ready and show you all what we’ve been working on! Stay tuned to see even more collaborations, competitions, and content! We are just getting started and bursting with much more to give!