FLOWERBX is an online flower delivery tech company that offers a completely new way to buy and send flowers. On track to being the world’s first global flower brand, FLOWERBX is available for delivery across the UK, Europe, and the East and West coasts of America.
With their signature offering of the highest quality, single varietal bunches, FLOWERBX has become the cut flower specialist of choice for the fashion, art and design worlds and floral connoisseurs alike.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
After working for TOM FORD for 19 years and feeling frustrated with the cost and inconsistency of the flowers I was buying and sending, I wanted to create a branded floral offering that guaranteed consistency and quality (with sleek, effortless and sustainable packaging). Also, as a working Mom, I was buying everything in my life online; from my clothes and beauty to my farm-fresh groceries, yet flowers were the one thing I couldn’t buy, in a simple, chic way, online – for myself or as a gift.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Sean Nolan, CEO & Co-Founder of Enterprise App for Frontline Workers: Blink
- Meet Andrew Fleury, CEO & Co-Founder at Computer Vision & AI Micromobility Startup: Luna
- A Chat with Caroline Chalmer, CEO and Founder at Global Fine Jewellery Platform: Finematter
- Meet DJ Qian, CEO & Founder at DeFi Utility App: Chainge Finance
- Meet David Woodfine, Co-Founder & Managing Director of Cyber Security Associates
- A Chat with Stuart Collar-Brown, Co-Founder and Director at Online Property Auction Company: My Auction
- A Chat with Ashlie Collins, Founder at Coaching, Training and Consulting Company: Humane Startup
- Meet Ed Rossiter, Founder and Co-CEO at Irish Recruitment Brand: Phoenix
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
Our unique business model has distinct B2B and B2C channels. While historically the sales mix has been 50% B2C and 50% B2B, during covid we saw a complete shift to B2C and were able to lean in on this highly performing channel.
We saw B2C sales go parabolic, growing up to 700% YoY during the peak pandemic, as people looked to stay connected with flowers. As we were already a digitally native, e-commerce business from the start, we were able to take advantage of the “opportunity” and cater to those who couldn’t find flowers elsewhere. We actually launched the East and West Coasts of the US during the pandemic and have seen extremely exciting early traction.
What can we hope to see from FLOWERBX in the future?
As we have just closed our Series A funding round, our main focuses as a business are growth in the US, UK and Europe, increasing our product offering, and establishing ourselves as a truly sustainable, global flower brand.