Clim8 Invest is the first digital investment platform for people looking for a simple way to invest in their future and the future of the planet. It is the only investment platform to exclusively select companies and funds that are focused on tackling the climate crisis and bringing about positive change.
Sectors we invest in include clean energy, clean technology, sustainable food, electric mobility and recycling.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
I have spent the last 20 years working in sustainability. My passion has revolved around tackling climate change in different ways, having built and invested into a range of companies that are positively impacting our environment in sectors such as biofuels, plastics recycling, solar batteries and wind turbine composites. A couple of years ago, I had the idea for Clim8, and we have been head down since building the platform.
We’ve built a fantastic team of 22 professionals and we are currently rolling out the beta version of the app to our community of almost 15,000.
On a more personal note, I have two children, aged 5 and 9. Like every parent, I want to leave a better future for them.
More from Interviews
- A Chat With Eric Huttman, CEO at Independent FXaaS: MillTechFX
- Meet Dr Rumina Taylor, Chief Clinical Officer at Online Therapy and Coaching Platform: HelloSelf
- Meet Rafael Rozenson, Founder at Protein Brand: Vieve
- A Chat with Lindsay Forster, CEO at Smart Asset Checking Service: Shepper
- A Chat with Mark Walker-Smith, Head of Business at SaaS-Based Platform: Sekel Tech
- Meet Tom Millar, CEO at Encrypted Traffic Analysis Platform: Venari Security
- A Chat with Jesper Trolle, CEO at Global Cybersecurity Specialists: Exclusive Networks
- Meet Daniel George, Founder & CEO at Student Finance FinTech: StepEx
What advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
My biggest advice is that your team is everything. Do not settle and find the best people you can – you must hire A players since they will also recruit A players. If you hire B players, they will hire C players.
At Clim8, we have managed to bring on board people who are both very good at what they do but also feel very strongly about the mission.
What can we hope to see from Clim8 in the future?
In the short term, our goal for our investment platform Clim8 Invest is to offer consumers an easy way to invest in companies that are making an impact. In the long term, we aim to build out our community to hundreds of thousands of people who are able to make an impact on climate change.