My Co-founder and I started the company officially in 2019, but the idea for BOBOU started back in 2015. I wanted to create a beauty company that would focus
on creating innovative makeup tools.
I have always been fascinated with Makeup Brushes. I felt that Makeup Brushes are quite often viewed as an afterthought. Many ordinary women and men who wear makeup everyday use high street brushes that do not last or that are poorly designed – and tend to shed, and in some cases, cause skin irritation.
So with BOBOU I wanted to inject a sense of fun by creating inspirational and high quality brushes that are skin friendly. We have not compromised on quality. Our brushes are handcrafted in Italy. They contain DERMAFIBRE™ – the most advanced technology in brush making techniques. They are also the first to use an easy to clean velvet handle because we wanted to express a sense of indulgence and luxurious makeup application experience. They are dermatologically tested, Hypoallergenic, vegan and cruelty free.
BOBOU represents a world of rebellious luxury – for men and women who love to live authentically with boldness and confidence and dare to live an extraordinary life.
What advice would you give to other aspiring female entrepreneurs?
I think for female entrepreneurs, we tend to think too much and I think sometimes we just need to do it and have confidence in your idea and go for it!
More from Interviews
- Co-founders of Lupe Technology: Innovation in Cordless Vacuum Tech
- Public-Private Collaboration During Pandemic will Turbocharge Long-Term Innovation
- Retail: How to Harness Automation to Strengthen Competition
- Payoneer: A Digital Payment Platform Empowering Businesses
- Pulseroll: Vibration Technology for Fitness and Wellbeing
- Barner: Creating Products Designed for The Digital Generation
- Pollinate: Connecting Banks and SMEs
- Meeow: The Future of Business Networking
What can we hope to see from BOBOU beauty in the future?
We have more exciting Brushes to launch – we will expand our current Velluto Range with more seasonal indulgent colours. We are also getting into skincare brushes (for masks applications etc)
We aim to be available in all major department and beauty platforms by early next year. We also have an exciting innovation plan in the works. Our ambition is to grow our customer base both at home and internationally.