My Co-founder and I started the company officially in 2019, but the idea for BOBOU started back in 2015. I wanted to create a beauty company that would focus
on creating innovative makeup tools.
I have always been fascinated with Makeup Brushes. I felt that Makeup Brushes are quite often viewed as an afterthought. Many ordinary women and men who wear makeup everyday use high street brushes that do not last or that are poorly designed – and tend to shed, and in some cases, cause skin irritation.
So with BOBOU I wanted to inject a sense of fun by creating inspirational and high quality brushes that are skin friendly. We have not compromised on quality. Our brushes are handcrafted in Italy. They contain DERMAFIBRE™ – the most advanced technology in brush making techniques. They are also the first to use an easy to clean velvet handle because we wanted to express a sense of indulgence and luxurious makeup application experience. They are dermatologically tested, Hypoallergenic, vegan and cruelty free.
BOBOU represents a world of rebellious luxury – for men and women who love to live authentically with boldness and confidence and dare to live an extraordinary life.
What advice would you give to other aspiring female entrepreneurs?
I think for female entrepreneurs, we tend to think too much and I think sometimes we just need to do it and have confidence in your idea and go for it!
More from Interviews
- Birdie CEO: Providing Home Care Tech Products for The Elderly
- Simply Noir Founder Interview: Supporting Black Independent UK Businesses
- Interview with Susannah Davda, Founder at The Shoe Consultant
- HyperJar Interview: Using Tech to Avoid Debt
- Vibio Co-Founder Interview: Sex Toys, Tech and Innovation
- Interview with Stephen Owusu, Co-Founder and CEO at JAXJOX
- Founder at DayBreakHotels: Helping The Hotel Trade Diversify
- Talking To Sinead Bunting, Co-founder of the Tech Talent Charter About Their New #DoingItAnyway Campaign
What can we hope to see from BOBOU beauty in the future?
We have more exciting Brushes to launch – we will expand our current Velluto Range with more seasonal indulgent colours. We are also getting into skincare brushes (for masks applications etc)
We aim to be available in all major department and beauty platforms by early next year. We also have an exciting innovation plan in the works. Our ambition is to grow our customer base both at home and internationally.