Touchtech is a strategic technology partner from Gothenburg, helping global brands with the development of future customer journeys in the retail space. Since the company was founded back in 2008 by myself and fellow co-founder, Sebastian Hartman, we have developed and applied our technology in order to support retailers in the digitalisation process, and improve how they capture and present data in a more efficient way.
We have a growing array of clients in the global retail space, including the global enterprise retailer Bestseller (owner of brands including Jack & Jones, Vero Moda and ONLY), Axel Arigato, Stenströms, GANT Footwear, J. Lindeberg, The Absolut Company, Electrolux, Carlsberg, Ericsson, and Volvo.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
It was always my goal to run a software company and do creative and pioneering things with technology. This goal really started to materialise when I began studying for my Master’s degree in Computer Science and Software Engineering at the Chalmers University of Technology and got the opportunity to work on an interactive multi-touch bar counter.
This sparked an idea within Sebastian and I, which would eventually lead us to establish Touchtech. From our first customer, Carlsberg, who we collaborated with to create multi-touch interactive bars, to our more recent solutions which are currently being applied by major fashion brands and clothing retailers to improve customer experiences, we’ve grown and expanded our service offering a great deal.
More from Interviews
- Meet Mo Taha, CEO and Co-Founder at AI-Powered, At-Home Sperm Testing Start-up: Mojo
- Meet The CEO of Sunflower Relief: A Company Supporting Civilians Suffering The Humanitarian Crisis In Ukraine
- Meet David Williams, CEO and Founder at Quantum Encryption Company: Arqit
- Meet Gustaf Nordbäck, CEO at Executive Development Company: Headspring
- A Chat with Eric White, CTO at Hospitality Technology Company: eviivo
- A Chat with Dr Umear Ahmad, of Leading Hair Loss Specialists: Juvida Clinics
- A Chat with Michal Domarecki, Co-CEO, and Co-Founder at Cross-Blockchain Technology Specialist: Synapse Network
- Meet Abdulaziz B. Al Loughani, Founder & CEO at Online Flowers & Gifting Company: Floward
What advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
The main advice I would offer to someone looking to start or grow a company is to ensure you have a strong brand. In this global economy, it is also vital that you offer services that are relevant to the trading of goods and commodities.
What can we hope to see from Touchtech in the future?
Merging the best and most vital elements of offline and online retail channels for the improvement of the customer experience will always remain central to our mission as a company.
Applying that same ethos, we’re currently expanding our offering to help improve and streamline the B2B retail sales process. Through the Digital Venue platform, our newest product offering, brands and retailers will be able to virtually present and demo new products and seasonal collections to remote audiences in an immersive and interactive way as the absence of physical meetings and international travel continues.
Launched at next month’s Stockholm Fashion Week, we believe that Digital Venue will pave the way for a more sustainable future for the fashion week as global brands utilise it to minimise the environmental and financial costs of logistics, travel, and sample production.