Tumelo is an impact-focused financial technology firm. We’re on a mission to empower platforms to engage their investors by giving them transparency and a voice.
We provide software to investment and pension platforms, enabling them to provide their own customers (investors) with transparency over the companies they own through funds/portfolios and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, such as gender equality or climate change.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
Tumelo was established at Cambridge University, where myself along with co-founders Will and Ben campaigned for the sustainable investment of our university’s £6 billion investment fund, influencing the University and their fund managers to vote for climate protection, gender equality and human rights at companies within the investment portfolio.
We recognised a global problem: Millions of ordinary people contribute to our investment system through ISAs, workplace pensions, and other investments yet have no visibility over where their money is going and no voice at the companies they own through those investments. The result? A society that is disengaged and an investment system that is broken and unsustainable. Tumelo was created to change this.
More from Interviews
- Interview with Christian Barmen, Founder at Recharge, The Company Behind Personal Recovery Device: FlexBEAM
- An Interview with Francis Wang – CEO of NanoGraf
- Interview with Meshach Amuah-Fuster, Managing Director EMEA at Partner Relationship Management Platform: Allbound
- Interview with Sam Schofield, VP EMEA at Udacity
- Laura Spawn, CEO and co-founder of Virtual Vocations: 4 Ways to Make Your Video Hiring Process More Personal
- From Michael McIntyre’s Manager To App Creator: Interview with Paul Duddridge, Founder at Entertainment Coach
- Paid Social Advertising and PPC Predictions for 2021 – What The Experts Say
- Interview with Mohamed A Chaudry, Group CFO at Online Takeaway Portal: Foodhub
What advice would you give to other aspiring female entrepreneurs?
No one else has all the answers – even if they appear to! you need to believe in yourself, and what you do, and lean into your strengths.
What can we hope to see from Tumelo in the future?
We’ll be rolling out across more investment platforms and giving a voice to hundreds of thousands of investors during 2021. The team will be growing and we’ll be expanding overseas. We’re excited to be shaking up the investment system, for better, and doing so alongside some really inspiring and progressive investment platforms.