Zess is helping people make smarter food choices in order to improve their health, wellbeing and reduce their carbon footprint. Our research is currently focused around people with special dietary needs to decide where to eat out in collaboration with The University Of Manchester. We are a social impact startup putting customers first.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
I started Zess because I was unhappy with my diet and realised it was due to a lack of convenient healthy options and efficient meal planning. I had no formal training in food science or the culinary world but I managed to find my awesome co-founder Rhys through a very ambiguous but inspirational Facebook advert. Since then we have developed the concept and are working with the great folks at Grakn.
More from Interviews
- Unveiling Upscale: The Newest Brand In The Adaptavist Group!
- Meet Nigel Lombard, CEO And Founder Of Insuretech Platform: PeppercornAI
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Forward Partners
- Meet Jamie Kyte, Founder at Kyte Financial Planning & The Retirement Guy
- Startup Profile: myPlane
- Meet Erik Wikander, CEO and Co-Founder At Content Marketing Platform: Zupyak
- Monica Eaton, Founder and CEO of Chargebacks911 and Women In Tech Judge, Explains What She’s Looking for From Entrants
- Meet Owen Thompson, CEO of Cambridge Future Tech
What advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
Do the things that are hard because no one else wants to do them.
What can we hope to see from Zess in the future?
We are launching our first product that is helping people with special dietary needs make smarter food choices when eating out. We hope to continue to serve more people in the future.