Founded in 2016, Brow HQ is a Vegan and Cruelty-free brand, offering high-end brow treatments, training and beauty products – including the At-Home Lamination Kit, The Skinny Pencil and Styling Soap.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
I’ve been in the business since the early 90s and I’ve worked with skincare companies but I felt there was so much more to eyebrows and the products available than the thin, low-arched brow were seeing at the time. One shape and colour does not fit all and I wanted to create a bespoke treatment and training completely personalised to each client.
More from Interviews
- Monica Eaton, Founder and CEO of Chargebacks911 and Women In Tech Judge, Explains What She’s Looking for From Entrants
- Meet Owen Thompson, CEO of Cambridge Future Tech
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Index Ventures
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Downing Capital Group
- Meet Sheryl Cuisia, CEO and Co-Founder, The Engagement Appeal
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Sure Valley Ventures
- Meet Lenitha Bishop, Chief Operating Officer At The DPO Centre.
- Interview With Olly Craughan, Head of Sustainability at DPD
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
The beauty industry closed overnight however after months of developing a new product behind the scenes, I realised there was no time like the present and used lockdown to launch my first product – a brow lamination kit for home use.
As clients would be missing the salon experience, I felt we would see the rise of ‘home-based treatments’ so as the nation endured more lockdowns, we went on to launch the vegan-friendly Skinny Brow Pencil and Styling Soap. I knew it was important to keep our online presence strong so we partnered with online retailer allbeauty.
What can we hope to see from Brow HQ in the future?
I don’t think we’ve appreciated how important self-care was before the pandemic so I’m looking at introducing more products to our direct-to-consumer range. We’re also looking to expand our training centres across the country.