Founded in 2016, Brow HQ is a Vegan and Cruelty-free brand, offering high-end brow treatments, training and beauty products – including the At-Home Lamination Kit, The Skinny Pencil and Styling Soap.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
I’ve been in the business since the early 90s and I’ve worked with skincare companies but I felt there was so much more to eyebrows and the products available than the thin, low-arched brow were seeing at the time. One shape and colour does not fit all and I wanted to create a bespoke treatment and training completely personalised to each client.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Ashlie Collins, Founder at Coaching, Training and Consulting Company: Humane Startup
- Meet Ed Rossiter, Founder and Co-CEO at Irish Recruitment Brand: Phoenix
- A Chat with Christian Schiller, Co-Founder & CEO at Global Marketplace For Circular Plastics: cirplus
- Meet Felix Atkin, Founder of Sharesy
- A Chat With Baljinder Gill, Founder at Hair Restoration Product Company: Regrowz.com
- Meet Dr Karan Metha, CEO at Bluezone Insurance: An Insurtech Reinventing Life Insurance For People With Chronic Illnesses
- A Chat with James Sommerville, Founder at Creative Platform: Known_Unknown
- Meet Dr Joe Lyske, Chief Science Officer at Deeptech & Banking Firm: Tintra
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
The beauty industry closed overnight however after months of developing a new product behind the scenes, I realised there was no time like the present and used lockdown to launch my first product – a brow lamination kit for home use.
As clients would be missing the salon experience, I felt we would see the rise of ‘home-based treatments’ so as the nation endured more lockdowns, we went on to launch the vegan-friendly Skinny Brow Pencil and Styling Soap. I knew it was important to keep our online presence strong so we partnered with online retailer allbeauty.
What can we hope to see from Brow HQ in the future?
I don’t think we’ve appreciated how important self-care was before the pandemic so I’m looking at introducing more products to our direct-to-consumer range. We’re also looking to expand our training centres across the country.