MoreTrees is a tech-led platform that makes planting trees easy and, if you want it, automatic – allowing you to offset your carbon emissions easily.
Users can log onto the platform and plant trees by clicking, uploading a spreadsheet, or integrating with our API.
Even better, you can plant trees on behalf of others, sending them a customisable message telling them about their tree and how much CO2 you’ve offset – creating transparency.
Imagine planting a tree every time someone places an order, pays an invoice, takes a taxi, or refers a friend – and telling that person what you’ve done. Now you don’t have to imagine.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
It was actually my co-founder who came up with the initial idea for MoreTrees. He went to a meeting and they told him they were planting a tree to offset the carbon involved in getting there.
He thought this was great, and he came to me with the idea of having a big red button in every meeting room across the world, using an API to plant a tree when it was pressed.
I hated the idea. I loved the thinking behind it but I couldn’t see the practicality of a big red button. The more we discussed it, the more we realised how challenging it was for businesses without a Chief Climate Officer to easily offset their carbon – and to do so in a way that’s transparent to customers. The idea of using tech to make it easier and to show customers what you’re doing was born.
More from Interviews
- Interview with Sebastian Andreescu, CEO & Co-Founder at Payment Platform: Billhop
- TechRound Trends: Experts Explore The Growing EdTech Industry
- Interview with Cian Ó Maidín, Founder and CEO at Global Software Company: NearForm
- Interview with Michael Stausholm, Founder and CEO at Plantable Pencil Company: Sprout World
- Interview with Jeppe Rindom, Co-Founder & CEO at Smart Credit Card Company: Pleo
- Interview with Alex Frolov, CEO and Co-Founder At Influencer Marketing Tool HypeAuditor
- Interview with Simon Piekarz, Founder at SaaS Company: GetReve
- Interview with Avi Manaim, CEO at On Demand Insurance Platform: Demandoo
What advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
It’s tough but it’s worth it. We work long hours, we’ve bootstrapped, we talk about it non-stop….it’s hard work, but it’s worth every second. Keep at it and you’ll reap the rewards.
What can we hope to see from MoreTrees in the future?
We’re going to plant a billion trees – and we’re looking for the businesses who want to help do it themselves.