Rosecut is your financial planning partner and investment manager that gives access to the knowledge you need to plan for the future you want.
Until now, there’s been nowhere for people to go for help to structure their personal finances. Private banking only serves the wealthiest people and the newer technology products don’t give people the advice they need before they can decide how best to invest their money.
Rosecut aims to close that gap, with a combination of powerful technology and the expertise of highly experienced wealth advisors from private banks such as Coutts, Barclays, and Credit Suisse.
With Rosecut, clients get a full picture of their financial situation before any decisions are made about investment strategy. We’re not a “get rich quick” platform, in fact, it’s the opposite with Rosecut: we’ll help you to get rich slow. We’ll help you gradually and safely grow your wealth over the course of your life, working with you to determine what your finances will look like in 20-30 years’ time and more often than not, people will be pleasantly surprised by the future they see with us, and motivated to get there.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
My mother was an entrepreneur herself; she became a millionaire in the 90s thanks to the opening up and reform in China, however, she soon lost almost her entire fortune due to the volatility of the Chinese stock market. It made me realise that extreme wealth isn’t a guarantee of stability, and that the real battle isn’t making your fortune but safeguarding it over the course of your life.
I spent years as a wealth manager at Credit Suisse then Coutts, and I realised that the tools and knowledge that myself and my colleagues used could really transform the life of everyone, if only they had access to it. Spending so long in the private banking industry also opened my eyes to a clear gap in the market, something that Rosecut is currently tackling. In the past, there was no one to turn to if you had between £100K to £1 Million to invest, apart from a private wealth manager; the larger banks wouldn’t consider managing your finances until you had at least £2Million to invest. Rosecut is currently one of the only platforms that services this need.
More from Interviews
- Meet Josh Gill, CEO and Founder at Business Water Retailer & Water Supplier: Everflow
- A Chat with Jürgen Galler, CEO and Co-Founder at AI-Powered Data Management Platform: 1plusX
- Meet David Gurle, Serial Entrepreneur & Founder At Cloud Storage Company: Hive
- Interview With The Founder: Andrew Curtin of Construction Wave
- Interview With Jan Hauser, CEO of Applifting
- Meet Alice Tärk, Chief of People at Investment App: Change
- A Chat with Emma Campbell, PM at Fashion Tech Startup: Looklet
- Meet Omri Lachman, CEO at LEAP: The Platform Levelling The Playing Field For Youth Athletes With NFTs
What advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
- Be honest about your reason to become an entrepreneur. People start their businesses for all sorts of reasons, but if solely for financial goals, the odds are against you; you will be more likely to achieve it by earning a high income, saving a good portion of it, AND investing it properly along the way. You are more likely to be a multi-millionaire in 20-30 years time than taking on an entrepreneurial path. Of course, if you are after mega wealth such as billions, only hedge funds and entrepreneurship will get you there.
- Keep emergency funds at all times. I know this is easier said than done, but no matter how safe you think an investment is, you can’t predict every eventuality. One of the great functions of Rosecut is that you can designate a portion of your wealth as ‘emergency funds’ and our financial dashboard will keep that sum separate from all of your other investments.
- Get yourself the best quality advice from experts wherever possible. These days, entrepreneurs like to show off how bold and self-confident they are, but never forget the most successful business owners are the ones that get the best financial advice. It doesn’t matter what field you work in, unless you’re a wealth manager or former personal finance manager yourself, you need a professional to guide you. No one else will have the necessary depth of knowledge and diverse skillset to grow your wealth.
What can we hope to see from Rosecut in the future?
We’re always working to develop the Rosecut platform and are regularly adding new tools to optimise the client experience. Our aim is to let our clients have access to the insights and guidance that only previously available to uber rich individuals and families, at a touch of a button, and in the comfort of their homes. Our long term vision is that Rosecut will become a household name, and whenever people have a question related to their wealth, they will say “Ask Rosecut!”.