Yubo launched in 2015 and is the leading platform for GenZ to socialise online in authentic real-life live streams. The app reaches over 40 million users across 40 countries around the world. Yubo is a freedom fuelled online social space, specifically created for Gen Z, to build genuine connections and communities, through seamless livestream technology.
We allow our users to connect from a far with live streams of up to 10 people at any one time. Our business model is an interactive model, not an attention model, like most social media platforms meaning we prioritise authentic real-time interactions over curated posts and vanity metrics such as likes and follows.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
During our studies alongside my friends Jérémie Aouate and Arthur Patora we decided we wanted to improve the way people were interacting online. 10 years ago, we thought technology offered the opportunity for people to connect in a better way, and that this issue was not addressed by the sector. We created two applications before and built Yubo on the learnings from our previous experiences.
More from Interviews
- Interview with Greig Johnston, CEO at Mobile App Developer: Vidatec
- Interview with Cheryl McCain CEO of Travel Observed
- Interview with Alex Templeton, CEO and Co-Founder at Covid Testing HealthTech Company: Qured
- COVID-19 & Payment Fraud: What Can Payment Providers Do To Tackle A Rise In Crime?
- Interview with Dr Richard Ahlfeld, CEO and Founder at Product Development AI Platform: Monolith
- Startup Interview: Drynks Unlimited
- Interview with Thomas Skinner, Co-Founder and Financial Planning Director at Wealth Management Company: Barnaby Cecil
- Interview with Fareeha Usman, Founder at Being Woman and Developer at Share Karo
What advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
Have ambition, focus on your objectives and keep iterating on your product, to learn from your mistakes.
What can we hope to see from Yubo in the future?
We have seen a fantastic year of growth in 2020, our user base in the UK alone grew 80%. With this Series C funding raise we aim to continue our work into new markets including Southeast Asia, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea. Our aim to open offices in every key region, in particular strengthening our presence in the US with offices in New York! We are really excited about the future of Yubo, watch this space!