Heatable.co.uk allows people to purchase their new boiler in just a few clicks. It’s essentially the uberised version of the boiler world, enabling consumers to avoid the time-consuming process of gathering multiple quotes and potentially waiting as long as 2 weeks to get the job completed.
Now, boiler buyers can use Heatable to choose a boiler model and installation date from the comfort of their smartphone and get it fitted as fast as 24 hours.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
We realised that more and more people are going online to shop for almost everything and we saw that this traditional market had yet to be digitalised.
We also saw it as a market in desperate need of improvement and one that remained quite complex and plagued with issues from a consumer’s perspective.
Some of the most common complaints included a lack of transparent pricing, poor aftercare and difficult to understand technical jargon. These are all areas Heatable has worked to improve and to a large degree succeeded.
More from Interviews
- Meet Dan Awais-Dean CEO of Property Platform: EverKnock
- Meet Emma Davey, Founder of MyNARA.
- Max Azarov, Co-Founder and CEO of Novakid and TR100 Judge, Explains What He’s Looking for From Entrants
- Meet Kady Srinivasan, Chief Marketing Officer at ePOS and Payment Platform: Lightspeed
- Meet Alexander Ray, CEO of CaaS Solution: Albus Protocol
- Meet Arif Miah and Ala Uddin, Founders of Tech Startup: Beasy
- Meet Igor Bogachev, Chief Visionary Officier & Co-founder of AI-Powered SaaS: CloEE
- Meet Christian Møller-Holst, CEO and Founder of Travel Management System: Goodwings
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
Like every other business, we have had to navigate these difficult and uncertain times. Thankfully, the construction industry has been able to continue operating, so we’ve remained financially viable.
We have employed the usual steps to ensure our customers are safe, including social distancing rules and the use of face coverings.
Ultimately, we are looking forward to everything getting back to normal as soon as possible, as I’m sure most enterprises are.
What can we hope to see from Heatable in the future?
We will continue to put the consumer at the center of our business, aiming to make them happy at every stage of the boiler buying process.
Heating is evolving too, with carbon-neutral targets fast becoming the priority of policymakers and politicians. It’s inevitable that boiler’s as we know them today are going to change, for instance, hydrogen fuel is a top contender to replace natural gas.
Whatever happens, we’ll be riding the wave and continue to make the heating industry consumer-friendly and easy to use.