Leading Edge Only (LEO) is a one-of-a-kind global innovation marketplace with a core mission to make innovation accessible and affordable to businesses of all sizes.
Launched in 2018, LEO is used by thousands of innovators globally, to promote their technologies and get in front of decision-makers from some of the world’s leading brands who use the platform to stay at the cutting-edge of innovation.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
When talking to corporations about innovation, Scott realised that they didn’t know where to look for innovators so the chances of them finding each other/connecting were very low. This is where the vision for LEO came in, Scott and the team wanted to create a platform like LinkedIn for innovators, cutting out the ‘middleman’, in this case consultancies that usually charge a fee for the service.
What sets you apart from competitors?
What sets LEO apart is that it has made the connection between innovators and businesses more accessible and affordable. Its global reach promotes the discovery of new and exciting innovations, with the potential to change existing operations and offerings.
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
Working from home has been so successful, that without the distractions of an office environment, our efficiency has dramatically increased and revenues have doubled. However, what was missing was the critical human interaction, so now we are moving now to flexible working.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Dr Nirusa Kumaran, Founder and Medical Director at Elemental Health Clinic
- A Chat with Aaron Solomon, CEO and Co-Founder at Last Minute Reservations App: Ambl
- Meet Louis Coulon and Marko Vujasinovic, CEO and Co-Founder at HR Tech Company: CleverConnect
- Meet Jason Knights, Managing Director at External Maintenance Business: Ground Control
- Meet Dr Leslie Kanthan, Co-Founder and CEO at TurinTech: The Leader In Code Optimisation
- Meet Lalit Mangal, CEO at Hybrid Event Platform: Airmeet
- A Chat with Edward Goodchild, CEO and Co-Founder at Secure Identity Platform: Arbor Steel
- A Chat with Heidi Normanton, Founder at Low-Carb Keto Wholesaler: We Are Heylo
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
For innovative entrepreneurs, (1) focus on sales and marketing – not just the product. Make sure it addresses a gap in the market and don’t expect clients to flock to you just because you have a “new “ product.
Whatever time and effort you spend on the product will require ten-fold this on sales and marketing, and (2) keep costs to a minimum, irrespective if you have the cash; argue over every penny you spend – and only spend what you really need – you will continually need this discipline. And watch head-count – people cost money – only take on new staff when there are no hours left from the people you have!
What can we hope to see from Leading Edge Only in the future?
More clients, more innovations, more Networks! LEO has established itself as the one-stop-shop for innovation globally – so the focus will be on making sourcing innovation easier, quicker and more cost-effective than anywhere else, through technology. We are the world’s global innovation marketplace, or, as a number of clients have commented, the world’s only innovation dating agency!