Dreamdata is a B2B revenue attribution platform. It gathers, joins, and cleans all revenue-related data, to present transparent, actionable analysis on what actually drives B2B revenue.
By doing so, Dreamdata goes to the heart of the B2B marketer and growth expert’s problem: the long and complex buyer journey. That is, the biggest challenge facing B2B marketers is connecting activities to revenue. There are too many touchpoints and people involved in buying decisions (which can span months) to accurately make that connection.At present, most B2B companies try to solve this by relying on attribution systems that are stitched together in Excel from a mix of B2C tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Facebook attribution).
However, this patchwork of inadequate B2C tools offers a skewed and incomplete view of the revenue reality. And does little to bring transparency to the long and complex B2B sale cycle.
We know this because we’ve been there! We (the three co-founders) struggled with these disjointed semi-solutions in our previous jobs. We were unable to accurately understand how activities across the pipeline stages were linked to revenue.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
The Dreamdata story is born out of this experience. In one way or another, despite being in different roles, we each struggled to gain a complete picture of our companies’ customer journeys and the many roads that led to revenue. The data available was simply not trustworthy enough to confidently act upon.
We needed a solution designed specifically for B2B. A product that could replace our disjointed semi-solutions and help us understand the full value of our actions. One which would continually be developed, and crucially, not drain internal resources.
We searched far and wide but failed to find anything that offered this solution.
So, we put it on ourselves to fill the space… enter Dreamdata.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Andrey Suzdaltsev, CEO & Co-Founder at Brightside AI
- A Chat with David O’Hearns, Founder and MD at Creative Agency: Dawn
- Meet Rachel Hartley, Co-Founder of Nutracheck
- Meet Matteo Penzo, CEO and Co-founder of Social E-Learning Platform: zick learn
- Meet Jordan Bucknell, CEO of eCommerce Agency: Upbeat Marketing
- Meet Natasha Morrison, Chief Operating Officer at WeFlex
- Meet Dan Awais-Dean CEO of Property Platform: EverKnock
- Meet Emma Davey, Founder of MyNARA.
What advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
As mentioned previously, we each needed something that was not on offer in the wider market. Yet, it wasn’t until we opened up to each other – in casual conversation, by the way – that the entrepreneurial seed was planted and we started to think we could be the ones to deliver the solution.
So I guess that would be my advice to aspiring entrepreneurs. When you encounter a problem for which there is no solution, have a chat with others who might be experiencing the same challenge. Especially, if they bring a different skillset to the table. This will help draw some light on the extent of the problem and indeed the feasibility of creating the solution.
What can we hope to see from Dreamdata.io in the future?
With our seed funding, we are now ready to shift up a gear and accelerate B2B growth by bringing our best-in-class revenue attribution platform to an ever-greater number of companies. The investment will fuel our expansion and help consolidate our position in the B2B revenue attribution category.
We’ll be doing this in three important ways:
- Product: We will double down on Dreamdata’s unique, and already highly popular, features. But also bring new cutting-edge features to life, like our Deal Analytics and Customer Journey features.
- Awareness: We will be further expanding our demand gen and awareness efforts. In the current economic climate it’s more important than ever for businesses to efficiently allocate resources. We will leave no stone unturned in ensuring B2Bs understand Dreamdata’s undisputed value in delivering this.
- Team: The core of Dreamdata’s success comes down to continually employing exceptionally talented people. To deliver our ambitious goals, we will be bringing more talent onboard, and together we’ll make Dreamdata’s next chapter another success.