Sugi is a completely new way for retail investors to engage with green investing. We’re the first platform to give you a carbon profile of your investments, comparing them with industry benchmarks and similar investments in the market. As we add more features, there’ll be more ways to see how green your investments are and take action to improve your impact.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
My background is in environmental finance, and I realised all the focus is on what the big players are doing – development banks, institutional investors, asset managers… No one gave any attention to retail investors who manage their own portfolios. That’s a lot of private capital. If all of us made greener investment decisions, we could make a real difference. That was the beginning of Sugi.
More from Interviews
- Meet The CEO of Sunflower Relief: A Company Supporting Civilians Suffering The Humanitarian Crisis In Ukraine
- Meet David Williams, CEO and Founder at Quantum Encryption Company: Arqit
- Meet Gustaf Nordbäck, CEO at Executive Development Company: Headspring
- A Chat with Eric White, CTO at Hospitality Technology Company: eviivo
- A Chat with Dr Umear Ahmad, of Leading Hair Loss Specialists: Juvida Clinics
- A Chat with Michal Domarecki, Co-CEO, and Co-Founder at Cross-Blockchain Technology Specialist: Synapse Network
- Meet Abdulaziz B. Al Loughani, Founder & CEO at Online Flowers & Gifting Company: Floward
- A Chat with Bonnie Hatcher, Managing Director of ZAG Drinks, Brewers of the World’s First ‘Social Soft’
What advice would you give to other aspiring entrepreneurs?
Your self-doubt is probably running through every possible reason not to go ahead with it. Don’t listen to it. There’s always going to be something to worry about, or a reason not to.
What can we hope to see from Sugi in the future?
We have so many exciting plans. The platform will be available on the App Store in early 2021, with many new features. And we’re continually innovating, so our users can expect regular updates that really boost the Sugi experience. Ultimately, we want Sugi to be where every retail investor comes to understand green investing, so they feel confident and informed about their own investing choices.