HigherDOSE is a wellness technology brand based in New York City. Our mission is to ignite vitality, by bringing the power of nature indoors. We create at-home spa systems) that are inspired by nature and powered by technology.
Our products (which include an Infrared Sauna Blanket and PEMF Mat) are designed to naturally stoke a healthy DOSE of your brain’s feel-good chemicals (Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotonin, Endorphins).
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
We launched HigherDOSE in 2016, as a retail-experience business. We opened several spa locations in New York, featuring state-of-the-art infrared saunas. Our community fell in love with the technology and we emerged as a real leader in bringing infrared to the masses.
When the pandemic hit, we had to close our locations overnight and figure out how to pivot to a D2C brand. Luckily, the demand for at-home wellness products was skyrocketing with everyone spending more time at home – and we already had a Sauna Blanket product available.
With the infrastructure, customer interest, and proof of concept in place, we were really well-positioned to pivot HigherDOSE into the company we are today: a wellness-tech pioneer introducing transformative products, all rooted in that original mission of bringing the healing power of nature indoors.
More from Interviews
- Meet Mo Taha, CEO and Co-Founder at AI-Powered, At-Home Sperm Testing Start-up: Mojo
- Meet The CEO of Sunflower Relief: A Company Supporting Civilians Suffering The Humanitarian Crisis In Ukraine
- Meet David Williams, CEO and Founder at Quantum Encryption Company: Arqit
- Meet Gustaf Nordbäck, CEO at Executive Development Company: Headspring
- A Chat with Eric White, CTO at Hospitality Technology Company: eviivo
- A Chat with Dr Umear Ahmad, of Leading Hair Loss Specialists: Juvida Clinics
- A Chat with Michal Domarecki, Co-CEO, and Co-Founder at Cross-Blockchain Technology Specialist: Synapse Network
- Meet Abdulaziz B. Al Loughani, Founder & CEO at Online Flowers & Gifting Company: Floward
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
The pivot from a retail-experience company to an eCommerce product brand was a big one, but we leaned in. We tapped industry experts, levelled up our online customer communications, amped up our digital content, connected with digital influencers, and invested in new product innovation. The good news was that demand for these at-home spa systems kept rising – and continues to. We’ve grown 400% since last March, expanded into new product categories, and launched in new geographies (the UK!).
What can we hope to see from HigherDOSE in the future?
We definitely see the value in having physical experiences again, as the world permits, but we are looking at these future locations more as showrooms than spas. Beyond one or two locations in New York, we look forward to expanding our product line.
We continue to draw our inspiration from the earthly elements. Infrared imitates the healing power of the sun. The PEMF mat is like taking a walk in nature. So, you can expect new element-inspired product lines – including a suite of magnesium-based bath products that will connect our customers to the healing power of the sea. At the end of the day, it’s all about getting back to the basics of nature, through technology and innovation.