Leo With Love is an all-encompassing brand inspired by empowered women, for empowered women. All the jewellery in my collection is named after a friend or family member who originally inspired the piece and the look on their face when they realise is second to none.
Knowing how happy and special I’ve made someone feel is part of what drives me to do this. I regularly post empowering quotes from females to drive home the point of what is truly possible when you feel the strength within yourself to reach your goals and dreams.
When women wear my jewellery, I want them to feel as strong and confident as the ones who inspired me. It’s their symbolic armour to go and get things done today- no matter what they’re doing. They got this!
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
The idea was born in 2016, back in LA, where I’m from. My sister was recovering from a near-terminal illness and we were talking about how you only get one certain chance in life so you have to LIVE your life.
I always knew I wanted to start a business and loved making jewellery as presents for people, but had never thought to put the two things together. My background is in marketing and I’ve always had super corporate jobs, but the experience with my sister’s illness helped me see what was important. So, I saved up for months at a job I hated but was a necessary evil, working on branding and designs in the evenings.
After a few months, I was at a point that Leo With Love could get my full attention.
More from Interviews
- Meet Sarah Clark, Head of UK at Clearco: Providing Growth Capital For Online Businesses
- Interview with Matthew Jones, Founder at Electronic Construction Exchange: Open ECX
- Meet The Founder of Mlytics: The Global Leader In Digital Content Delivery And Experience Monitoring
- Meet The Founder of VeganNation: The Eco-Friendly Blockchain Marketplace Empowering Crypto And Plant-Based Values
- Meet James Pitts-Drake, Founder & CEO of Optimizon
- Meet Emma Jarvis, Co-Founder at Pregnancy Subscription Service: dearbump
- A Chat with Erika Tamayo, Co-Founder at Protein Brand: HERMOSA
- Meet Julian Everett, CTO at Data Innovation Consultancy & Solution Provider: Data Language
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
The pandemic has really given me the time to develop the LWL brand further. There was a huge increase in requests for bespoke designs and personalisation, which in turn has led me to completely rethink how I want it to operate.
Aside from that, I have been updating my packaging to make it an experience rather than just opening a box. The excitement starts when you see a pink box with ‘special delivery’ written on it, continuing when you open it and find the Chloe-scented tissue paper and personalised message. The pandemic has taught me the importance of experience when making a purchase, I think that’s why smaller businesses in my local area fared relatively well.
What can we hope to see from the brand in the future?
I’m moving into creating demi-fine, limited edition pieces. Every month or so will see a limited release of a uniquely captivating LWL piece that encapsulates the audacious, exuberant Leo With Love woman. With these limited edition pieces, I want to invite the notion of bespoke design, where only 1 person has a design made just for their personality!