TestCard’s innovative technology turns your mobile phone into a clinical-grade scanner, making testing more accessible, enabling people to take control of their healthcare, giving immediate and accurate results, and a route to treatment through trusted partnerships with online and high street pharmacies.
The test kits use the same kind of technology used in standard dipsticks and pregnancy tests, but when paired with the TestCard app, they deliver a digitally-read result that is more accurate and reliable than a visual reading.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
TestCard was born out of a conversation between the founders about how bad men are at going to the doctors. The conversation expanded to talk about how people can become isolated from healthcare. In the UK we are very fortunate that most people aren’t isolated from healthcare for geographical or economical reasons, but these are very real problems in many parts of the world.
In the UK even before the pandemic, many people were socially isolated from healthcare either due to mental health concerns or from being elderly and frail. The very simple excuses we create around not wanting to take time of work to have an appointment or even admit that something is wrong in the first place damage outcomes.
TestCard allows people to take the first step in healthcare in the comfort, convenience and security of their own homes.
More from Interviews
- Daniella Peri, CEO at Yoppie: The Personalisation Of Menstrual Health & The Importance Of Full-Cycle Care
- A Chat with Rui Sales, Co-Founder and President at Fleet Maintenance Platform: Stratio
- A Chat with Maria Lozovik, Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager at Marsham Investment Management
- Meet Natalia Shahmetova, CMO at Gismart PetTech Company: Woofz
- A Chat with Sean Nolan, CEO & Co-Founder of Enterprise App for Frontline Workers: Blink
- Meet Andrew Fleury, CEO & Co-Founder at Computer Vision & AI Micromobility Startup: Luna
- A Chat with Caroline Chalmer, CEO and Founder at Global Fine Jewellery Platform: Finematter
- Meet DJ Qian, CEO & Founder at DeFi Utility App: Chainge Finance
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
We have been shouting loud for years about the benefit of putting more healthcare into people’s hands and the pandemic has highlighted the necessity for this very thing. It is also an excellent example case where it is not safe to bring people into a clinical environment, so managing the patients at a distance is essential.
What can we hope to see from TestCard in the future?
I hope to see TestCard improving access to healthcare for anyone that needs it. Providing earlier diagnosis, reducing treatment time and improving outcomes. Reducing the burden on front-line health services, empowering individuals in their own healthcare and supporting carers in advocating for their loved ones.