Go1 – offers the largest curated eLearning library from top training providers in a single subscription. Integrated with leading LMS, HRIS systems.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
Chris Eigeland, CRO and Co-founder of GO1 says ’In 2015, we set out from a small garage in Brisbane, Australia, with a mission to unlock people’s positive potential through a love of learning. How? By helping connect learners and businesses with great content publishers in a single subscription that makes accessing world-leading learning opportunities more accessible, and personalised.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Bonnie Hatcher, Managing Director of ZAG Drinks, Brewers of the World’s First ‘Social Soft’
- A Chat with Jonathan Friedmann, Co-Founder & CEO at Data Analytics Company: Speedata
- A Chat with Rebecca Worsley, CEO and Founder at Shopify Design & Development Agency: Rainy City
- Meet Tom Griswood, CEO and Founder at Last Minute App: Late Space
- A Chat with Dr Nirusa Kumaran, Founder and Medical Director at Elemental Health Clinic
- A Chat with Aaron Solomon, CEO and Co-Founder at Last Minute Reservations App: Ambl
- Meet Louis Coulon and Marko Vujasinovic, CEO and Co-Founder at HR Tech Company: CleverConnect
- Meet Jason Knights, Managing Director at External Maintenance Business: Ground Control
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
In the past six years, we’ve been thrilled to partner with companies, governments, and NFPs across the world to deliver learning content to over 1,700 organisations worldwide, growing our user base by over 300% year over year. We are excited to announce we have now played a part in over 3.5 million people’s learning and development.
But this is only possible due to the amazing work of our partner content creators and HR technology platforms that support our learners globally. As we shared in the press at the time, we recently completed a Series D funding round with US$200M in new investment coming into the business, but there are still so many exciting changes coming to professional learning – that’s just the beginning for us. We’ll continue to build opportunities for individuals to expand their development goals and explore a wide range of resources to support them on that journey.
It has been incredible to be part of many companies and their employees’ learning and development stories especially during the pandemic at such a tough time.
What can we hope to see from GO1 in the future?
Due to the support and backing of a wide range of organisations, we’ve been able to continue on our mission to unlock positive potential through a love of learning. However, this is still early. Internally we talk about a vision of reaching 1 billion learners – and there is a long way to go on that journey! We will use the new investment to continue to deliver more for our key stakeholders: to our customers, to our content partners, and to grow the ecosystem of learning globally.
More specifically this means:
- Continuing to find the best content creators globally – and being a partner for them to find new audiences, and grow their own businesses in new markets.
- More and deeper integrations with platforms to surface content. Making it possible to access great content across LMS, LXP, HRIS and other platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Slack and Workplace by Facebook – we want to surface the best learning to people, wherever they are.
- And we’ll continue to research other ways we can make the lives of HR and L&D managers easier, and ultimately provide new learning opportunities to people in their careers.
- We’ve come a long way since our garage in Brisbane but we still feel like we’re at the beginning of a significant shift in how learning and development occurs – and we’re excited to be a part of it.