Luhv was born from a desire to make health simpler and more accessible. Many of the wellbeing products currently on the market make claims that are at best a stretch, and at worst, false or misleading. So we wanted to make functional drinks that actually do what they say on the bottle, while helping people understand how ingredients work, and Luhv was born.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
I personally found that a lot of health information is squirrelled away behind a community that can be known for gatekeeping, or discriminating against people that don’t fit a social media perfect image of health! This is harmful and defeats the object. I wanted to know about ingredients and how they worked, so I set out to find out for myself. I have experience in the beverage industry so that helped, but I also wanted to challenge the standards in the sector too – by ensuring we could be sure our products did exactly what they say!
The aim is to boost their (the customers’) knowledge and understanding of how to support better health – no pay wall, no barriers – just great drinks if you want them, or the important information behind them, if you’d just rather know and go!
We also know that trust in this sector is low because of false claims, so we sought out experts to help us create our range, so consumers can see we know what we’re talking about! We worked with expert taste profilers, and scientists from King’s College London, to maximise the efficacy of ingredient combinations.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Jordan Monnet, Co-Founder at Asian Start-Up Market Investment Platform: nr2
- Meet Iris ten Teije, Co-Founder at Alternative Investment App: Koia
- Meet Rebecca Sloan, Contestant on Dragon’s Den & Founder at Piddle Patch
- Meet Zeynep Dimirbilek, Founder & CEO at Service Club Delivery: A Job Platform Exclusively For Delivery People
- Boaz Roseman Talks To Us About A New Anti-Viral Cabin Filter That Makes Automotive Rides COVID-19 Free For Passengers
- Meet Saar Yoskovitz, CEO at Augury
- Meet Sarah Clark, Head of UK at Clearco: Providing Growth Capital For Online Businesses
- Interview with Matthew Jones, Founder at Electronic Construction Exchange: Open ECX
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
We’ve been busy working on our brand and looking at how we can get our drinks to more people. With that has come a brand review, some changes and we’re now working on a website upgrade, to enable customers to order directly from us in the future, with hopes for subscriptions and new products in the works too.
What can we hope to see from Luhv in the future?
We definitely have high hopes for more drink ranges, but hopefully even more on top of that. Our model of research-backed product development with scientists can be applied to other things from supplements, to snacks and more. Watch this space!