Tell us about GreenPortfolio?
GreenPortfolio is the consumer-friendly climate data company that helps millennials and Gen Z fight climate change with their financial decisions by scoring their investments and bank accounts for climate impact. Individuals are craving ways to have their personal finance and portfolio strategies match their climate values — GreenPortfolio’s AI-powered scoring engine simplifies the research process by rating over 20,000 stocks, funds, and financial institutions for climate impact and suggesting greener alternatives.
What do you think makes this company unique?
GreenPortfolio is the only company distilling complex climate data into easily digestible scores and metrics. ESG (environmental, social, governance) data, the current option for the 91% of millennials who want climate-aligned finance, does not focus on climate impact and is misleading to consumers. GreenPortfolio is climate-first and consumer-first — our priority is to empower our customers to discover their impact and take action.
More from Interviews
- Monica Eaton, Founder and CEO of Chargebacks911 and Women In Tech Judge, Explains What She’s Looking for From Entrants
- Meet Owen Thompson, CEO of Cambridge Future Tech
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Index Ventures
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Downing Capital Group
- Meet Sheryl Cuisia, CEO and Co-Founder, The Engagement Appeal
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Sure Valley Ventures
- Meet Lenitha Bishop, Chief Operating Officer At The DPO Centre.
- Interview With Olly Craughan, Head of Sustainability at DPD
How has the company evolved over the last couple of years?
A strong customer focus has transformed GreenPortfolio. We started as an informational website of product reviews. As we spoke with our customers, we realized that they needed a baseline understanding of the climate impact of their finances and a trusted resource to help them on their journey of climate-aligned financial decision making. An engaging platform was critical to attracting and retaining our millennial audience, so we found a partner in experiential design firm, ustwo, who helped us bring our climate ratings to our customers in a playful and empowering way.
What can we hope to see from GreenPortfolio in the future?
Retail investors and consumers have been left out of the climate finance conversation, and GreenPortfolio is on a mission to change that. We are eager to bring more users onto our platform and also find ways to partner with businesses that already have climate-conscious millennials as customers. We’re also excited to explore additional ways we can leverage AI and machine learning in our data product offerings.