Serena Organics is a true luxury brand in that we provide high-quality products with a focus on the customer experience. We’re working to remove the stigma associated with CBD and educate people about how CBD can help with common health conditions across mediums. This is embodied by our 101 Podcast – an educational series featuring interviews with industry leaders such as clinicians, lawyers and campaigners who have pushed to make CBD available via medical prescription.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
Myself and my business partner, David, had been travelling in the US and Canada to meet with various established CBD companies who were leading the way for CBD across the pond. We immediately recognised how much more advanced the CBD market was there in comparison to the UK market, where we had seen a huge gap in the lack of quality, premium and high-strength CBD products.
In fact, we found many products being sold in the UK were unregulated and not what they were claiming to be – an issue which has created a high mistrust amongst consumers. Identifying these shortcomings, we set up Serena Organics and dedicated ourselves to enhancing wellness for all, through integrity and education.
More from Interviews
- Daniella Peri, CEO at Yoppie: The Personalisation Of Menstrual Health & The Importance Of Full-Cycle Care
- A Chat with Rui Sales, Co-Founder and President at Fleet Maintenance Platform: Stratio
- A Chat with Maria Lozovik, Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager at Marsham Investment Management
- Meet Natalia Shahmetova, CMO at Gismart PetTech Company: Woofz
- A Chat with Sean Nolan, CEO & Co-Founder of Enterprise App for Frontline Workers: Blink
- Meet Andrew Fleury, CEO & Co-Founder at Computer Vision & AI Micromobility Startup: Luna
- A Chat with Caroline Chalmer, CEO and Founder at Global Fine Jewellery Platform: Finematter
- Meet DJ Qian, CEO & Founder at DeFi Utility App: Chainge Finance
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
The relevance of our mission and purity of our products became ever more vital to our consumers as the importance of mental health & resilience took centre stage during the consecutive lockdown periods.
Consumers increasingly turned to CBD products to aid in the reduction of stress and anxiety and to support a better night’s sleep. At the same time, the retail world shifted, relying more than ever on online, rather than high street, for sales. As consumers became more confident and accustomed to shopping online, we were able to establish and invest in our online store and increase accessibility for our community.
What can we hope to see from Serena Organics in the future?
We always aim to be a flexible organisation that adapts to the needs of our customers in a way that enables and enhances their wellbeing. We are continually committed to bringing a wider range of products and other offerings, such as podcast interviews and yoga videos, to allow people to be in tune with their personal well-being, despite differences in lifestyle.
We have partnered with a lead clinician within the medicinal cannabis space to ensure we are listening to the latest research and sharing with our community. We are working hard to make sure that all of our products are completely recyclable, currently, we are at 80% recyclability, but our goal is 100%. This also means phasing out the use of plastics.