Vouch works with hotels to build guest experience platforms that increase productivity, boost revenue and elevate the guest experience. We’ve had the privilege of working alongside brands from international chains, as well as independently owned boutique hotels.
Last year, we launched our operations in the UK and the experience of providing onsite support and services for our clients has proved invaluable.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
The idea that started Vouch was entirely different from what it is today! At first, we designed solutions for retailers, then pivoted to social commerce, and it was only in 2019, that we found our real turning point and footing as a traveltech company. Armed with prior learnings and refinement over countless iterations, we took part in the Singapore Tourism Board’s Hotels Innovation Challenge with our product and we have never looked back since.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Jordan Monnet, Co-Founder at Asian Start-Up Market Investment Platform: nr2
- Meet Iris ten Teije, Co-Founder at Alternative Investment App: Koia
- Meet Rebecca Sloan, Contestant on Dragon’s Den & Founder at Piddle Patch
- Meet Zeynep Dimirbilek, Founder & CEO at Service Club Delivery: A Job Platform Exclusively For Delivery People
- Boaz Roseman Talks To Us About A New Anti-Viral Cabin Filter That Makes Automotive Rides COVID-19 Free For Passengers
- Meet Saar Yoskovitz, CEO at Augury
- Meet Sarah Clark, Head of UK at Clearco: Providing Growth Capital For Online Businesses
- Interview with Matthew Jones, Founder at Electronic Construction Exchange: Open ECX
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
A solution like ours has always been relevant to the hospitality industry, but the pandemic has heightened our value and created an urgent need for hoteliers to reconsider contactless innovations. Now more than ever, hotels are facing a severe manpower crunch and they are looking for ways to mitigate it in the long run by improving efficiency and productivity. The pandemic has amplified the problems we are trying to solve and has resulted in massive interest from the industry.
With the increased demand, the company managed to grow sevenfold within the first year of the pandemic and since then, expanded operations in more countries.
At Vouch, we operate in an agile environment and the pandemic has really put the company to the test! We had to become more adaptive and flexible in the way we worked to be able to react to the ever-changing guidelines, and recognise the potential impact it could have on the industry. During this time, we were able to respond with products that helped hotels on facilities management, health and safety declaration and contactless mobile check-in.
What can we hope to see from Vouch in the future?
Besides working with hotels, we have been busy expanding our solutions to tailor for attractions such as museums, galleries and wildlife, starting in Singapore. Soon, the Vouch experience platform will be found in more segments within the tourism vertical in the UK and other key markets beyond!