Vouch works with hotels to build guest experience platforms that increase productivity, boost revenue and elevate the guest experience. We’ve had the privilege of working alongside brands from international chains, as well as independently owned boutique hotels.
Last year, we launched our operations in the UK and the experience of providing onsite support and services for our clients has proved invaluable.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
The idea that started Vouch was entirely different from what it is today! At first, we designed solutions for retailers, then pivoted to social commerce, and it was only in 2019, that we found our real turning point and footing as a traveltech company. Armed with prior learnings and refinement over countless iterations, we took part in the Singapore Tourism Board’s Hotels Innovation Challenge with our product and we have never looked back since.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Mate Kun, Co-Founder at Food-Tech Startup: Growth Kitchen
- Meet Stephen McNulty, CEO and Founder at Environmental Risk Assessment Company: Ambisense
- Meet Henry Humphreys, Founder and Managing Partner at Humphreys Law
- Meet John Kirk, Chief Strategy Officer at Team ITG
- Daniella Peri, CEO at Yoppie: The Personalisation Of Menstrual Health & The Importance Of Full-Cycle Care
- A Chat with Rui Sales, Co-Founder and President at Fleet Maintenance Platform: Stratio
- A Chat with Maria Lozovik, Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager at Marsham Investment Management
- Meet Natalia Shahmetova, CMO at Gismart PetTech Company: Woofz
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
A solution like ours has always been relevant to the hospitality industry, but the pandemic has heightened our value and created an urgent need for hoteliers to reconsider contactless innovations. Now more than ever, hotels are facing a severe manpower crunch and they are looking for ways to mitigate it in the long run by improving efficiency and productivity. The pandemic has amplified the problems we are trying to solve and has resulted in massive interest from the industry.
With the increased demand, the company managed to grow sevenfold within the first year of the pandemic and since then, expanded operations in more countries.
At Vouch, we operate in an agile environment and the pandemic has really put the company to the test! We had to become more adaptive and flexible in the way we worked to be able to react to the ever-changing guidelines, and recognise the potential impact it could have on the industry. During this time, we were able to respond with products that helped hotels on facilities management, health and safety declaration and contactless mobile check-in.
What can we hope to see from Vouch in the future?
Besides working with hotels, we have been busy expanding our solutions to tailor for attractions such as museums, galleries and wildlife, starting in Singapore. Soon, the Vouch experience platform will be found in more segments within the tourism vertical in the UK and other key markets beyond!