Airmeet is the first virtual and hybrid event platform that allows people to join together anytime, anywhere. Our mission is to empower organizations and communities in achieving effective collective progress. Today, more than 6,500 organizations use Airmeet to grow their brand and revenue through immersive experiences and meaningful connections.
Founded in 2019 by IIT alumni & ex-Common Floor executives Lalit Mangal, Manoj Kumar Singh, and Vinay Kumar Jasti, Airmeet’s platform supports various event formats, including conferences, and webinars, meetups, workshops, town halls, career fairs, expos, and more.
Beyond that, Airmeet’s attendee-first platform was built to establish a new standard of excellence which the company refers to as the “Six Standards of Hybrid and Virtual Event Excellence” – to ensure connections do not end when an event does. These include customizable Attendee Experience, Workflow Integrations, Privacy and Security, Multilingual Support, Networking Accessibility, and Built-in Analytics.
Airmeet is a 290-person remote-first team based out of six countries and has raised its USD $53M Series B round earlier this round and brought in new investors Prosus Venture, Sistema Asia Fund, RingCentral Ventures, KDDI Open Innovation Fund, DG Daiwa Ventures, and Nexxus Global participated alongside existing investors Sequoia Capital India and Accel India in this round.
What do you think makes this company unique?
Airmeet is the most engaging event platform on the market and is committed to advancing the event-led growth movement across the B2B events category. Event-led growth is the idea of using events at each stage of the sales funnel and creating experiences that are truly memorable. Airmeet is designed to facilitate these types of events and is more of an immersive engagement suite than a platform – for marketers, communities, associations, and anyone who seeks to connect, educate and promote.
Three distinct differentiators of the Airmeet platform include:
- Capture 360-degree event details to personalize communication, identify top sessions and understand your registration demographics. You can add as many data points as you want and use them to personalize schedule and session access for larger events.
- Measure more to show sponsors how their participation makes a difference. Evaluate the number of views from sponsor tabs, deep dive into booth analytics, and gather visitor data, unique visits, and leads.
- Set up on Airmeet takes minutes and offers customizable themes and a branded event layout that can be used by anyone. Airmeet empowers anyone to launch flawless, large-scale experiences that meet any objective.
Customer engagement has been fast evolving into a space that needs to go beyond the traditional channels. Brands have to start conversations and engage with customers without losing their human touch in the virtual space. Our mission has always been to focus on engagement and assist businesses with scaling their customer engagement through multiple interactive event formats.
More from Interviews
- Monica Eaton, Founder and CEO of Chargebacks911 and Women In Tech Judge, Explains What She’s Looking for From Entrants
- Meet Owen Thompson, CEO of Cambridge Future Tech
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Index Ventures
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Downing Capital Group
- Meet Sheryl Cuisia, CEO and Co-Founder, The Engagement Appeal
- Investor Insights: Everything You Need To Know About Sure Valley Ventures
- Meet Lenitha Bishop, Chief Operating Officer At The DPO Centre.
- Interview With Olly Craughan, Head of Sustainability at DPD
How has the company evolved over the last couple of years?
Last year Airmeet experienced tremendous organic word-of-mouth growth from its existing user community, scaled its recurring revenue 24X since Series A investment and is growing at 30% MoM, and enabled more than 120,000+ event organizers to stream 150 million minutes of video airtime globally.
Key customers helping to lead organic growth include Flipkart, Fifth Element Group, BMF Media, Unifrog Education, NPower Inc, University College London, Rotman School of Management, Zircom (Shell Oil), Viacom CBS, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Minnesota State University, Mankato, and First 3 Years.
This year Airmeet has appointed its first Chief Marketing Officer, Mark Kilens (Creator of Hubspot Academy) to lead and oversee marketing efforts and its first Senior VP of Global Sales, Mike Pych.
What can we hope to see from Airmeet in the future?
Airmeet’s all-year-round engagement suite will eventually extend into virtual reality and the metaverse to deliver a highly immersive experience.