Crezco is a B2B payments API leveraging open banking to bypass the card schemes, such as Visa and Mastercard. We make bank transfers as convenient as card payments but without the fees.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
Going to work every day, I would buy coffees in the morning via contactless card payments. It was a seamless checkout experience, but later in the day, I would have to pay invoices as a business owner, which was slow and full of pain points.
I wanted to make B2B payments as convenient as B2C payments, but without the costs. The introduction of PSD2 and open banking was the technological innovation we were waiting for.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Andrey Suzdaltsev, CEO & Co-Founder at Brightside AI
- A Chat with David O’Hearns, Founder and MD at Creative Agency: Dawn
- Meet Rachel Hartley, Co-Founder of Nutracheck
- Meet Matteo Penzo, CEO and Co-founder of Social E-Learning Platform: zick learn
- Meet Jordan Bucknell, CEO of eCommerce Agency: Upbeat Marketing
- Meet Natasha Morrison, Chief Operating Officer at WeFlex
- Meet Dan Awais-Dean CEO of Property Platform: EverKnock
- Meet Emma Davey, Founder of MyNARA.
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
It hasn’t affected us much. We were very much in the R&D phase at the start of the pandemic.
What can we hope to see from Crezco in the future?
We believe open banking has years of technological improvements ahead. Each year it will reach new markets and offer new features. Crezco will leverage these developments to offer businesses clear value-add, saving time and money. In the short run, we are focusing on FX payments to complement our free domestic payment solution.