VeganNation is a unique company, building a global ecosystem to unite the plant-based and sustainable community under a shared economy while empowering thrivability on the planet. To this end, we have curated a top plant-based and sustainable directory with thousands of businesses near you.
Additionally, you can pay businesses directly via the ecosystem, earning you and the business points that can be redeemed for a variety of benefits. We are also working on delivering a complete B2B2C Marketplace to enable plant-based and sustainable trade to flourish.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
While cycling in the Austrian Alps, I began hallucinating from hunger and all I could think about was “What if I knew where all the vegans are at”. This memorable and significant trip prompted me to create the impossible, a true online, digital nation with the values and compassion we all share.
More from Interviews
- A Chat with Katy Wigdahl, CEO at Speech-to-Text Software AI: Speechmatics
- Meet Mario Ciabarra, CEO at Continuous Product Design Platform: Quantum Metric
- A Chat with Octavi Royo, Founder and CEO at Digital Art Platform: Agora
- A Chat with Gustav Schauman, CEO and Founder at Disruptive Golf Sneaker Brand: Goatlane
- Meet Gervase Fay Fernandes, Co-Founder & Commercial Director at Health & Her
- A Chat with Howard Marks, CEO and Co-Founder at Premier Start-Up Investment Platform: StartEngine
- A Chat with David Brown, CEO of Social Enterprise Fintech: Hi
- Meet Christina Kosmowski, CEO at Cloud-Based Monitoring Platform: LogicMonitor
How has the company and community evolved during the pandemic?
Before the pandemic, the digital token was the main driver for the economy forward. During the pandemic we realized that a complimentary token alone will not accomplish our goals. We saw small and medium businesses who struggled with their online operations when everyone was transitioning to an online rather than physical presence. We understood that a full ecosystem enabling a business to manage their online presence while increasing their local and international customer base is the key to our collective success.
Today, VeganNation offers businesses a significantly wider array of services and we keep learning from our clients what works best for them and what they would want to see in the future.
What can we hope to see from VeganNation in the future?
As a company, we are at a very exciting stage of development where we release a new version almost every week with continuous improvements to the platform. You can expect a serious upgrade to the GreenPay wallet experience with a wide array of services and capabilities with GreenCoin in Q1 of 2022.
We’re also working on introducing our very first marketplace BETA in Q2, as well as a web version for business owners who prefer managing their operations on the desktop.