A new no-nonsense coffee company, making fresh hand-roasted coffee more accessible with a mind to disrupt the way we think about our daily brews. Making quality coffee more affordable and convenient for everyone.
Fireheart Coffee is a seasonal coffee subscription service, providing UK residents with the freshest blends at their convenience, direct to their door, with the aim to educate coffee drinkers on creating Barista style coffee at home.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
An Englishman, Irishman and Kiwi walk into a bar. Our first sit-down happened in The Lord Stanley in Camden, London. Like all good start-ups, founded over a pint! Myself and Russell have worked together for 15 years within the hospitality sector providing staffing services to restaurants and hotels.
Clients such as Claridge’s, Savoy, The Ivy, Scott’s, Gordon Ramsay Group etc. We were in the process of starting a café restaurant when we met Thomas at The London Coffee Festival. Thomas was our main point of contact for all our coffee requirements and as we were sitting in our café restaurant at the start of lockdown, we thought what now? Lightbulb moment: let’s start a coffee roasting business!
More from Interviews
- Meet Josh Gill, CEO and Founder at Business Water Retailer & Water Supplier: Everflow
- A Chat with Jürgen Galler, CEO and Co-Founder at AI-Powered Data Management Platform: 1plusX
- Meet David Gurle, Serial Entrepreneur & Founder At Cloud Storage Company: Hive
- Interview With The Founder: Andrew Curtin of Construction Wave
- Interview With Jan Hauser, CEO of Applifting
- Meet Alice Tärk, Chief of People at Investment App: Change
- A Chat with Emma Campbell, PM at Fashion Tech Startup: Looklet
- Meet Omri Lachman, CEO at LEAP: The Platform Levelling The Playing Field For Youth Athletes With NFTs
How has the company evolved during the pandemic?
Starting a business at the start of the Global Pandemic throws up a lot of challenges and obstacles for sure. But at Fireheart we are a team, from organising shipping from Israel when the world had come to a standstill, to getting a new power source for the roastery, these things are there to test us.
We work through these challenges, whilst one of us may be weeping into our flat white the others are coming up with solutions to the problem. Teamwork, community, support, it’s what we are about at Fireheart Coffee.
What can we hope to see from Fireheart Coffee in the future?
We look forward to greater engagement with our customers through webinars and social media, as social distancing improves hosting events, tasting, cupping and brewing at the roastery. Growing a loyal and happy customer base, that’s engaging, fun and sharing their coffee experiences with us.