Tell Us About The Business, How Did It Come About?
Three Day Rule is an exclusive matchmaking company for busy professionals. I started Three Day Rule over a decade ago while I was working as a Television Producer in Hollywood. Everyone around me was single and I found myself more interested in their love lives than my production job. I started matching my friends and coworkers for fun and quickly realized that I had a hidden talent for matchmaking! With a few success stories under my belt, I left my job in TV and started a matchmaking company. So much has happened since then! We went on Shark Tank, we launched in 12 cities (with plans to keep growing), and we now have a team of more than 50 full-time Matchmakers who are making successful matches every day.
More from Interviews
- Meet Dan Awais-Dean CEO of Property Platform: EverKnock
- Meet Emma Davey, Founder of MyNARA.
- Max Azarov, Co-Founder and CEO of Novakid and TR100 Judge, Explains What He’s Looking for From Entrants
- Meet Kady Srinivasan, Chief Marketing Officer at ePOS and Payment Platform: Lightspeed
- Meet Alexander Ray, CEO of CaaS Solution: Albus Protocol
- Meet Arif Miah and Ala Uddin, Founders of Tech Startup: Beasy
- Meet Igor Bogachev, Chief Visionary Officier & Co-founder of AI-Powered SaaS: CloEE
- Meet Christian Møller-Holst, CEO and Founder of Travel Management System: Goodwings
What Have You Learnt So Far?
On the entrepreneurial side, I learned that resilience is key. Keep pushing to make your dreams a reality. There will be many roadblocks along the way but if you genuinely care about the work you are doing, if you believe in it, it’s worth all of the heartache and sleepless nights. I am obsessed with matchmaking so I never looked back. I’m so proud of how far we’ve come.
On the dating front, I see people getting in their own way. They are sabotaging themselves without realising it. If you are frustrated with dating, work with an expert. We can see your blind spots and help you find the true love that you deserve.
What Challenges Have You Overcome? How Have You Responded During COVID?
When COVID hit, we weren’t sure our company would survive but we quickly realised that singles were seeking connection more than ever. We slightly adjusted our model to go virtual and we matched so many couples over the last year. It was beautiful to see people prioritise their love lives through all of the chaos and uncertainty. We were lucky to be able to witness this kind of silver lining in a really challenging year.
What Are Your Plans For Growth?
We continue to add new cities for matchmaking and are now sharing our tips and tricks through social media so everybody can access the advice of our Matchmakers. Find us at @threedayrule on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook.