PillSorted is an online pharmacy that blends compassionate care and technology to provide a personalised experience for patients. We deliver patient’s medications on time, review and manage their prescriptions and provide ongoing support and advice to patients.
Once a patient opts to use PillSorted as their NHS pharmacist, their prescriptions are sent to us. We review and clinically check their prescriptions to ensure all the medication is working together and that we’re providing the best possible care to the patient. The patient receives all their medication and dosage information at once, which makes the experience of ordering medication easier for them.
How did you come up with the idea for the company?
I set up PillSorted in November 2019, right before the pandemic hit, to deliver a pharmacy experience that combined compassionate care and automation. PillSorted is a product of my love for working in community pharmacy, which I did for 17 years, and my desire to maximise the pharmacist workforce.
I believe that pharmacists are able to provide a genuine alternative for patients who don’t need to see a GP or secondary care. But, in order to do that, we must utilise technology to ensure that their time is optimised and their administrative burden is reduced. That’s where Pill Sorted comes in.
More from Interviews
- Meet Josh Gill, CEO and Founder at Business Water Retailer & Water Supplier: Everflow
- A Chat with Jürgen Galler, CEO and Co-Founder at AI-Powered Data Management Platform: 1plusX
- Meet David Gurle, Serial Entrepreneur & Founder At Cloud Storage Company: Hive
- Interview With The Founder: Andrew Curtin of Construction Wave
- Interview With Jan Hauser, CEO of Applifting
- Meet Alice Tärk, Chief of People at Investment App: Change
- A Chat with Emma Campbell, PM at Fashion Tech Startup: Looklet
- Meet Omri Lachman, CEO at LEAP: The Platform Levelling The Playing Field For Youth Athletes With NFTs
How has the company evolved over the last couple of years?
The first two years have been focused on getting the product fit for market – this was a lot of communication with patients and figuring out what did and didn’t work and then coming up with innovations accordingly.
Our patients have been so wonderfully honest with us and have genuinely wanted to support our growth, so we feel very lucky in that respect. We noticed that a lot of our patients were elderly, so shifted our customer focus accordingly. Now, our focus is on expanding our reach to more people.
What can we hope to see from PillSorted in the future?
At the moment, we are focusing on developing our product, adding more personalisation and expanding our service within London and the UK.
We want PillSorted to be a one stop service for people that helps them stay confident about their medication in the convenience of their own home. We also want to provide other tests and services. Once we’ve built up our solution in the UK, we’ll look to scale our reach globally.