- LumiraDx was founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, by a group of entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling diagnostics and health IT businesses.
- These included Medisense, Inverness Medical and Alere.
- LumiraDx recognises the need to provide more effective, cost-efficient healthcare for everyone.
LumiraDx helps achieve better health care, social care, and financial outcomes, affordably, in the here and now. It offers proven solutions to help achieve your health care transformation goals, practically and reliably, in the here and now. The company’s clients universally deliver more integrated, more informed, patient-centred care that is safer, more efficient, and with demonstrably better outcomes.
LumiraDx makes diagnostic-led care simpler and more accessible with smarter connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions to enable better outcomes: better health, better experiences, and better value. The diagnostic system platform combines a small, portable instrument, advanced low-cost test strip, and seamless digital connectivity.
More from MedTech
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
- The Future of TeleMedicine Includes Physical Exams Thanks to Award-Winning Start-up: MedWand
- ANNOUNCED!!! TechRound’s Top 39 UK MedTech Companies
- 2. Huma
LumiraDx $5B SPAC Deal
CA Healthcare Acquisition Corp.— a special purpose acquisition company — announced on April 7, 2021, that it entered a merger agreement with LumiraDx that will take the company public.
London-based LumiraDx, a point-of-care diagnostics developer, will merge with CAHC with the combination reflecting a value of $5 billion for Lumira’s existing equity.
Since its founding, LumiraDx has raised $700 million in equity capital, including investments from Morningside Ventures, U.S. Boston Capital Corporation, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Petrichor Healthcare Capital Management and others.
The companies expect the transaction to close in the late stages of the second quarter or early part of the third quarter in 2021, subject to approval from security holders and customary closing conditions. Both companies’ boards approved the merger.