- Kevin David, a digital marketing expert, earns a substantial $786,142/£610,596 on YouTube annually
- Gary Vaynerchuk has the potential to earn $43,025/£33,417 every month from selling products on his channel
- Marley Baird Media, the only woman in the list, yearly is estimated to earn $1m per month from her YouTube videos.
Since 2005, YouTube has developed into the second largest search engine with 1.9 billion users logging in every month (Brandwatch).
It is no wonder a vast majority of businesses use it as a platform to show their products, engage with clients, or demonstrate expertise, etc.
For digital marketing gurus, YouTube is the main communication channel, where they share their knowledge and open a dialog between digital marketing professionals and those looking for advice.
While sharing their expertise, YouTubers are aware of how best they can monetise their videos. After all, it’s all about practicing what they preach.
Reboot Digital Marketing Agency decided to look closely at the 15 most popular digital marketing channels to see which one gets the most out of YouTube.
Reboot Digital Marketing Agency extracted data using the tool by Influencer Marketing Hub, to find out the estimated total earnings per year for each YouTuber selected. And thanks to Sellfy, it was possible to also determine how the selected channels could be further monetizing their online presence through: ads, videos or products sold.
Top 3 Youtubers are:
Kevin David, Tai Lopez, and Gary Vaynerchuk were found to be the top-earning YouTubers. Annually, these online marketers are earning roughly $786,142/£610,596; $670,880/£521,072; and $554,488/£430,670, respectively.
Interestingly, Gary Vaynerchuk’s channel ‘GaryVee’ has the most subscribers out of all YouTubers analysed: 2,360,000; a difference of 1,622,000 to Kevin David who has 738,000 subscribers. However, Kevin David earns 17% more than Thai Lopez, and 41% more than GaryVee.
The most profitable revenue venture for Gary Vaynerchuk and Kevin David is through merchandise – with potential earnings amounting to $43,025/£33,417 and $28,495/£22,132, respectively. Curiously, Tai Lopez earns most per video with an approximate average income of $4,725/£3,670.
Marley Baird Media closes the list. The only woman from the top 15, although an accolade, she only makes $13,134/£10,201 annually on average from her 11,700 subscribers. Her biggest profit comes from selling products – $1,765/£1,370 per month on average.
Other notable channels are:
- Annual earnings: Google Webmasters ($102,565/£79,662), Google Analytics ($89,565/£69,565), Ahrefs ($86,568/£67,237), and Neil Patel ($79,280/£61,576).
- Interestingly, Neil Patel ($11,020/£8,559), Google Analytics ($8,750/£6,796) and Google Webmasters ($3,890/£3,021) place in the top 5 for revenue earned from sold products.