Jacob and Victor Eriksson, Co-founders at playtech startup Boxbollen, explore…
TikTok’s growth over the last few years has been crazy, to the point where it is now considered the pinnacle of online marketing; crack TikTok and you engage with an entirely new audience of young consumers.
Having a good product is, of course, key. We are fortunate that Boxbollen is, as a sport, very visual, which is very suited to a platform like TikTok. As a D2C company, we try to engage our customers as much as possible in our product. One method we use to enact this on TikTok is by creating challenges for our user base. For example, we have recently launched our ‘5 Sec Max’ challenge, where users upload videos of themselves attempting as many hits as they can in 5 seconds. Not only does this generate bite-sized footage that is ideal for TikTok, but demonstrates what the product is actually for in an engaging way. The competitive edge encourages users to challenge each other, and is an ideal way to demonstrate the product in a fun, playful way – as well as encouraging mass participation.
More from News
- Over One-Third of Gen Z Don’t Feel Financially Supported Amidst The Cost-Of-Living Crisis
- What Do The New UK Interest Rates Mean For Investors?
- The Healthcare System Needs a Modern Alternative – Meet Welzo
- Deutsche Telekom Campaign By Saatchi & Saatchi Uses Money-Can’t-Buy NFT To Supercharge Youth Volunteering Across Europe
- $205M in Crypto Currency Stolen in August & Set To Rise
- How Clean, Quality Data Unlocks the Power of Digital Transformation
- Mr Gurvz Collaborates with TechRound to Give 5 People The Chance To Win £5,000 of Digital Marketing Expertise
- Cost of Living Among Top Concerns for UK Brand CMO’s but Long Term Optimism Remains Strong
With the above in mind, it is important that the brand is featured and distinctive in clips that are shared on TikTok. Marketing your product is redundant unless the brand is recognisable within the videos. If done effectively, this means that every view of a video amounts to a pair of eyes on your product – and when the views run into the millions, this is inevitably converted into sales. We have a really strong and recognisable visual brand, which is part of what separates us from the crowd.
Your Influencer Strategy
A sophisticated influencer marketing strategy is crucial for social media success. SoMe personalities not only come with the ability to drive views, but with a dedicated audience of engaged fans who consume and interact with the content produced. Collaborations with influencers can also help a brand’s positioning. For example, we teamed up with the internet personality and entertainer Chunkz – a decision and process that we as founders were directly involved with. We knew that he was a great guy who likes to have fun, and would align with our brand and share the values that Boxbollen is founded on. While there is no exact science to marketing on the platform, TikTok appeal has been a great help in our massive growth over the last two years, and our decision to focus on mastering the platform – and creating a great and shareable product – has proven that you don’t have to invent a dance to go viral on TikTok.