Mercuryo.io, a fast-growing Estonian startup that bills itself as a European leader in cryptocurrency payment processing solutions closed a €2.5m seed funding led by Target Global, a major international VC fund with €800m+ under management. Mercuryo.io is a cross-border payments network that enables businesses across the world to send and receive payments for goods and services using cryptocurrencies.
Its infrastructure provides solutions for virtual accounts, business payments, remittance processing, and mass pay outs regardless of local payment methods and currencies. Mercuryo.io technology allows cryptocurrencies to be used in any form of payments worldwide. It empowers more businesses to be part of the global blockchain community.
Target Global confirms it is investing in Mercuryo.io technology. Mike Lobanov, co-founder and General Partner at Target Global said: “At Target Global, we are great believers that the fintech now is a lot about infrastructure. We’ve already made our bets on Rapyd in fiat alternative payments infrastructure, Copper and Cryptofacilities in institutional crypto infrastructure.
More from News
- Over One-Third of Gen Z Don’t Feel Financially Supported Amidst The Cost-Of-Living Crisis
- What Do The New UK Interest Rates Mean For Investors?
- The Healthcare System Needs a Modern Alternative – Meet Welzo
- Deutsche Telekom Campaign By Saatchi & Saatchi Uses Money-Can’t-Buy NFT To Supercharge Youth Volunteering Across Europe
- $205M in Crypto Currency Stolen in August & Set To Rise
- How Clean, Quality Data Unlocks the Power of Digital Transformation
- Mr Gurvz Collaborates with TechRound to Give 5 People The Chance To Win £5,000 of Digital Marketing Expertise
- Cost of Living Among Top Concerns for UK Brand CMO’s but Long Term Optimism Remains Strong
As a relatively new asset class just gaining traction, cryptocurrencies require a secure payment infrastructure that Mercuryo.io is building. Mercuryo.io has launched with 150+ crypto projects to become a crypto-fiat gateway with a further launch of multiple other crypto payments products. As Stripe and Adyen once became a new standard of card payments, we believe Mercuryo.io can become a disruptor of crypto payments. And now we are excited to become Mercuryo’s supporters since the early days. ”
Mercuryo.io co-founder and CBDO Petr Kozyakov says Mercuryo.io has managed to deliver great traction, demonstrating 20x volume growth in the last six months. “This summer, we have tripled our partners’ portfolio.
Now Binance, Tozex, Trezor, STEX, Pemex, AAX, Tokens, PointPay, Invity.io, MCX, TrustWallet have Mercuryo.io on board as a fiat-to-crypto processor partner. We are becoming more and more popular due to our clear policy, transaction speed, and transparent fees. This is probably the reason why cryptocurrency enterprises such as Bitfinex, BitForex, BTC-Alpha, OKEx are already integrated with Mercuryo.io. We have reached 200K+ users and have ambitious plans to scale up operations across Europe, Latin America and Africa, which is now feasible due to our latest partnership with Target Global.”