Investing experts at BrokerChooser have analysed their internal data to reveal the proportion of female investors globally.
Research found that The Philippines is the country with the highest percentage of female investors, at 44%. Amongst the other nations to have relatively high levels of female traders were a number of Caribbean islands, including Barbados (39%), Trinidad & Tobago (38%) and Jamaica (37%).
The European nation with the greatest equality between male and female investors is Belarus, with a 64-36 split in favour of men.
More from News
- Find Joy On Your Drive with New Headspace Experience on Waze
- What Can Happen In One Internet Minute?
- Revealed: Tears of Joy Emoji Is Nation’s Favourite
- Logitech Partners With Calm for Tech Wellbeing Initiative
- Crypto’s Answer to the Industry’s Lack of Knowledge and Trust
- Tech Sector Opportunities Boom for Multi-Skilled Workers
- Mythical Games Teams Up With Uphold To Enable Crypto Payments on its NFT Marketplace
- UK Boasts Most Small Businesses in Europe
Countries with the highest proportion of female investors include:
- The Philippines (44%)
- Barbados (39%)
- Papua New Guinea (38%)
- Trinidad & Tobago (38%)
- Jamaica (37%)
- Bahamas (36%)
- Belarus (36%)
- Hong Kong (35%)
- Mongolia (35%)
- China (34%)
Conversely, Countries with the lowest proportion of female investors include:
- Bangladesh (12%)
- Saudi Arabia (14%)
- Somalia (14%)
- Pakistan (15%)
- Brazil (16%)