Following a period of sustained growth since launching Fund II in March 2019, Playfair Capital is bolstering its team in London with three new hires. Jeevan Sunner joins as an Associate from PwC where she worked with founders of early-stage B2B SaaS companies to identify new commercial opportunities and raise Series A funding. A scientist at heart, Chartered Accountant by qualification, advocate of diversity in tech, and soon-to-be podcast host, Jeevan will be working across the full life cycle of our investments.
Jeremy Luzinda is our next Off-Cycle Analyst. Having already chalked up an impressive list of achievements, including COO and CCO roles at fast-growing startups, Jeremy is now committed to building a career in venture and was a participant of Future VC.
Elise Congram will be a familiar face to anybody who has visited Warner Yard before lockdown. Now joining the Playfair team in a full-time role, Elise will be responsible for managing our space and leading a major new initiative for our founders which is in the planning phases for next year.
“We are delighted to announce these new joiners to the Playfair family. They are an incredibly talented group of individuals who share our passion and commitment to make a positive impact on the ecosystem and our local communities, as well as generate financial returns. In such an uncertain and challenging environment, we’re delighted that we are in a position to significantly expand our team to keep up with demand,” Chris Smith, Managing Partner.
More from News
- Over One-Third of Gen Z Don’t Feel Financially Supported Amidst The Cost-Of-Living Crisis
- What Do The New UK Interest Rates Mean For Investors?
- The Healthcare System Needs a Modern Alternative – Meet Welzo
- Deutsche Telekom Campaign By Saatchi & Saatchi Uses Money-Can’t-Buy NFT To Supercharge Youth Volunteering Across Europe
- $205M in Crypto Currency Stolen in August & Set To Rise
- How Clean, Quality Data Unlocks the Power of Digital Transformation
- Mr Gurvz Collaborates with TechRound to Give 5 People The Chance To Win £5,000 of Digital Marketing Expertise
- Cost of Living Among Top Concerns for UK Brand CMO’s but Long Term Optimism Remains Strong
Playfair have one further hire in the pipeline, a community manager who will be joining in the coming weeks to enhance all aspects of their offering to founders, both current and prospective, as well as building on existing initiatives supporting female founders and school students.
“The team has been phenomenally busy over the past 18 months. New deal activity has been consistently strong, with 9 investments in 2019 and 5 already this year (2 fully remote). On top of this, they have handled some of the largest follow-on rounds in the market, with Thought Machine’s $125m Series B and Ravelin’s $20m Series C, and launched a number of impactful initiatives such as nationwide Female Founder Office Hours. I’m excited to welcome Jeevan, Jeremy and Elise to Playfair and to see what they can achieve over the coming years,” Federico Pirzio-Biroli, Founding Partner & Chairman.