Yapily, the leading open banking platform, today announces the appointment of Caroline Abercrombie as Chief People Officer (CPO), as it continues to rapidly grow its team and reach in Europe.
With over two decades of experience in turbocharging growth for tech start-ups through successfully managed teams, Caroline will be leading Yapily’s efforts to acquire top talent, support a thriving and dynamic team, and continue embedding diversity and inclusion into the company’s fabric.
During her career, Caroline has scaled up technology start-ups into industry leaders, supporting companies such as Bazaarvoice as they navigated M&A and IPO deals across UK and US markets. Caroline joins Yapily from the leading student affinity network UNiDAYS, where she spent almost two years as VP People. Prior to this, she held the role of Global Head of People for Verizon Digital Media Services, playing a key part of the global HR leadership team that delivered on the $4.4bn acquisition and integration of Yahoo!.
More from News
- Over One-Third of Gen Z Don’t Feel Financially Supported Amidst The Cost-Of-Living Crisis
- What Do The New UK Interest Rates Mean For Investors?
- The Healthcare System Needs a Modern Alternative – Meet Welzo
- Deutsche Telekom Campaign By Saatchi & Saatchi Uses Money-Can’t-Buy NFT To Supercharge Youth Volunteering Across Europe
- $205M in Crypto Currency Stolen in August & Set To Rise
- How Clean, Quality Data Unlocks the Power of Digital Transformation
- Mr Gurvz Collaborates with TechRound to Give 5 People The Chance To Win £5,000 of Digital Marketing Expertise
- Cost of Living Among Top Concerns for UK Brand CMO’s but Long Term Optimism Remains Strong
Caroline’s appointment follows the appointment of new Chief Technology Officer Noam Oren in June, as the company continues to strengthen and expand its pan-European reach. Yapily, having recently acquired Germany’s leading open banking provider, finAPI and announced multiple new strategic partnerships, is now poised to take on the mantle as the largest open banking platform in Europe.
Caroline Abercrombie, Chief People Officer, Yapily, said: “Open banking is a budding industry, so it is a very exciting time to be supporting a fast-growing and disruptive team like Yapily in scaling-up and realising its growth ambitions. With Yapily’s current focus on rapid growth in the continent as well as in the UK, I look forward to working with a very talented and diverse team to scale up in multiple geographies.”
Stefano Vaccino, Founder and CEO, Yapily, added: “With a focus on innovation, creativity, and a people-first culture, Caroline will be a valued addition in our mission to grow high-performing teams and nurture talent.
“As we continue to scale, her expertise will help sustainably drive our growth and support securing industry-leading talent. Our people are central to our success, and Caroline’s work in attracting and retaining top talent will be integral in Yapily’s next chapter of growth.”