Funding will advance Aircall’s market leadership in Cloud Communications industry, ahead of planned IPO.
- Including its Series D, Aircall has now raised more than $226 million. Launched in 2014 in France, Aircall is a cloud-based phone system and call center software that integrates seamlessly with popular CRM and helpdesk tools, such as Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.
- This new financing will allow Aircall to fulfill its mission of trailblazing a new era for cloud communications.
- Aircall announces plans to open London office by end of 2021
Aircall, a cloud-based voice platform helping companies across the globe manage millions of customer support and sales calls every day, today announced it has raised $120 million in a series D funding round, bringing the company’s total valuation to more than $1 billion. The funding round was led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, and joined by most of Aircall’s current investors (DTCP, eFounders, Draper Esprit, Adams Street Partners, NextWorld Capital, Gaia Capital Partners), Swisscom Ventures showing their renewed trust in the company’s vision.
Aircall was founded in 2014 with the belief that traditional business phone systems were hard to manage, siloed, and required heavy implementation costs and time. In an increasingly virtual world, businesses were lacking an easy-to-use solution that could integrate with other critical business applications, and support the communications needs of a dispersed and flexible workforce.
Over the past year, remote workforces accelerated digital transformation for companies of all sizes and, at the same time, their customers increased their expectations around personalised and convenient services. Aircall helps businesses meet those objectives by integrating its cloud-based solution into leading business softwares like Salesforce, Hubspot, Zendesk, Slack, Intercom and many others. This allows businesses to streamline workflows, providing more efficiency for their teams with better visibility, data and insights into their customers’ needs and their teams’ performances. Ultimately, the solution allows personalised experiences for their customers. Aircall was built to empower any professional to have richer conversations, and to allow the phone channel to be accessible, transparent, and collaborative.
Christian Resch, Managing Director at Goldman Sachs, said, “The past 12 months have been a catalyst for Aircall’s cloud based SaaS communication solution. In a hybrid work environment, users are looking to Aircall to provide an easy to use experience that is highly integrated into their workflows, thereby making the most out of every customer interaction. We are very excited to partner with Aircall, as the company looks to accelerate its growth and expand globally.”
Kirk Lepke, Executive Director at Goldman Sachs, added: “We have been following Aircall’s journey for some time and are delighted to be partnering with Olivier and the Aircall team to lead the Series D. The company has tremendous momentum within a huge category and a differentiated product strategy that will sustain significant growth for many years to come.”
Despite the challenges this past year has brought, Aircall achieved record-breaking growth across its business. The company saw more than 65 percent total customer growth year over year, and now has more than 8,500 customers worldwide. Aircall’s development relies strongly on internationalisation, with more than a third of revenue generated in the United States. With offices in New York, Paris, Sydney and Madrid, Aircall recently passed the 450 employee mark and plans to recruit more than 260 new employees by the end of the year.
With this new funding round, Aircall will invest in the following:
- Enrich its app ecosystem, specifically with new integrations covering all use cases, from e-commerce to financial services, Sales, Support, etc.
- Expand UK presence with a new office in the region by the end of 2021. Aircall plans to recruit more customer-facing teams to come closer to the customer needs in-market with an expanded European presence including London and Berlin offices.
- Partner with major telecommunications companies and engage the UK channel ecosystem to bring its technology to every professional around the world, by leveraging local networks expertise. Aircall aims to form strong partnerships, including with channels and resellers in the UK market.
- Improve technology with new AI capabilities, additional productivity features for call centers: transcription & speech analytics for greater depth of productivity features for sales and support. Aircall will also enhance global infrastructure capacities by providing additional points of presence to support the local usage and local storage of data while continuing to deliver additional capacity at scale, and provide a global standard of high quality for voice.
“Since the beginning of Aircall, we’ve helped thousands of companies to enrich their customer experience through voice channels, with more empathy than ever in the past year. We also witnessed an increasing demand for visibility and data about teams and performances. “. said Olivier Pailhes, co-founder and CEO of Aircall.
“Now that hybrid, on-site or remote teams are likely here to stay, we’ll continue to work to achieve our vision, and empower every professional to have richer conversations. With that in mind, the investment by Goldman Sachs, and the renewed trust of our current investors validates this vision.”