Work Christmas parties can have a truly positive impact on team morale, which is one of the key foundations to any company, large or small. Team morale in the workplace refers to the commonplace attitude to both work and the workplace environment. Companies with good team morale have been proven to retain staff for longer and have better workplace productivity levels.
As Christmas work parties quickly approach, many businesses will now be looking to plan their annual event. Find out why Christmas parties can have a positive influence and benefit businesses.
What Are the Benefits to Christmas Work Parties?
One of the key benefits to Christmas corporate events is team morale. In-turn, team morale can mean better staff retention, workplace relationships and productivity levels. Consequently, all having a positive influence on employees’ wellbeing.
Another great thing about Christmas parties is that they can be easy to plan, inexpensive and they’re fun for everyone (regardless of position or level in the company). Christmas parties are a good excuse to get everyone together to have some fun.
Christmas work parties have various benefits, for example, they:
- Help Show Employees They’re Valued – Planning a Christmas work party is a simple yet effective way to show employees that they’re valued. Rounding the year off with a fun annual work party can let everyone know they’re valued for their hard work and can leave the year on a positive note.
- Boost Productivity – Research has proven that boosting team morale will also positively influence productivity levels in the office. With hybrid working models increasingly popular, many employees may be struggling with productivity levels. Taking the team out for some fun, getting everyone together and socialising, will help the team feel more cohesive. As a result, making employees feel part of a team despite many now working remotely
- Encourage Company Values – An annual corporate event can also help establish core company values. Typical company values include inclusivity or perhaps team spirit. Whatever the company’s core values, an outing which encourages team bonding and communication can help reiterate these
- Improve Staff Engagement – An engaged workforce will mean better staff retention. Employees that feel valued and heard will likely remain in companies for longer. Christmas parties, or even any other annual event a company plans, certainly helps boost team morale while simultaneously engaging individuals and creating a positive atmosphere
- Reward Staff – A Christmas work party is also a great time to take a look back at the year and all the hard work the company has put in. Highlighting, or rewarding, particular staff members for their efforts throughout the year can also help encourage team morale and support
More from Business
- What Does An HR Employment Specialist Do?
- Understanding Sales and Success in Sales in Business
- Common Business Broadband Terms Explained
- What Is Capital Gains Tax, And How Does It Work?
- Why Are Entrepreneurs Getting Younger?
- What Is An HR Employee Relations Manager?
- Is Ad Fatigue Destroying Your Marketing Campaigns?
- Next-Generation Smart Contracts Empowered by Bitcoin
Fun Christmas Work Party Ideas
Evidently, there are various benefits to Christmas work parties. Without team morale, companies can expect to see a lack of retention, effort and overall success. However, a reason why companies may not plan annual events is due to lack of ideas of where to go.
Look no further, here are some fun Christmas party ideas that both startups and large corporations in the UK could enjoy:
- Topgolf UK has various venue locations near and in London & Glasgow, offering private corporate event spaces and game packages for companies small or large. Enjoy food, drink, games and party add-ons for affordable rates.
- Escape Rooms have venues all over the UK which are great, inexpensive ways to quickly plan a corporate event (and particularly focus on team building).
- Christmas Pub Quizzes are cheap, familiar and a fun way to get everyone together locally for a relaxed evening and can get everyone in the Christmas spirit!
- Karaoke Nights are also a good way to get everyone laughing and socialising!
- Team Axe Throwing (maybe not for the faint-hearted) is a unique, inexpensive and fun way to bring the work team together for any time of year.
Companies can also plan quick get-togethers in the office, encourage ugly Christmas jumper competitions for the day or even simply go out for drinks. Planning work parties nowadays is easy with the various venues and ideas available across the UK, which can all allow everyone to have some fun while also boosting team morale.