- Headquartered in London, England, Digital Surgery’s mission is to digitize surgical protocols using cutting-edge computing and to support the delivery of consistent, data-driven and evidence-based surgical care.
- Digital Surgery provides medical technology solutions, healthcare systems, surgical video recorder and real-time data analytics.
- As of October 2019, The Touch Surgery mobile app included surgical instructions for about 200 surgical procedures in 17 different specialties.
About Digital Surgery
Digital Surgery, founded by surgeons for surgeons and healthcare professionals, believes safe surgical care should be accessible for all. Co-founders Dr. Jean Nehme and Dr. Andre Chow set out to shape the future of surgery by building a digital ecosystem that sits at the intersection of surgical expertise and technology. As of 12th Feb 2020, Digital Surgery became part of Medtronic, a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions.
Touch Surgery helps surgeons and health systems deliver consistent and high-quality surgery through AI, data and visualisation. The Touch Surgery ecosystem consists of mobile-based education, as well as data and analytics.
More from MedTech
- How AI is Revolutionising Brain Surgery and Other Medical Practices
- Wearable Health Devices: A Step into the Future
- Dr Owain Rhys Hughes: ‘3 vital lessons I’ve learned as a healthtech founder’
- How MedTech Can Help Tackle The NHS Backlog
- How HealthTech Can Help Relieve Pressure On The NHS And Empower People To Take Control Of Their Own Health
- David Hancock: Why Interoperability In Healthcare Is Vital To Relieving Pressure On The NHS
- Cera Launches Flu Tracker And Treatment System To Protect Older People and The NHS This Winter
- Flow Neuroscience Receives Series A Funding To Make Self-Managed Medical Device Available Globally
Touch Surgery App
The Touch Surgery app, the world’s first academically validated mobile-based cognitive simulator, allows surgeons, trainees and patients alike to train, prepare and better understand surgical steps. With more than 5 million downloads globally, the award-winning platform is free to download on iOS and Android.
Touch Surgery Enterprise, an advanced AI solution for hospitals and surgical teams, introduces cutting-edge computing into the OR, as well as surgical procedure analysis.